Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Happy New Year too :)

Because you set YUV 4:4:4, which is lossless, there'd be no discernible difference between RGB and YUV.

DELUCAS likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

So there're 3 possibilities I can immediately think of here:

1. All is well and the background isn't video black.

2. The GUI is presented with elevated black but video overlay isn't

3. All levels are raised.

To test #1, create a black (R:0, G:0, B:0) png at 1920x1080 and set that as the wallpaper.

If test #1 shows elevated black, test #2 using a Black Clip test pattern:

https://mega.nz/file/1CphlSBD#iAhczrbUGZPWWUpJMpbFNn2pBH9_NoPgepCSespIIq4

https://mega.nz/file/BHoXDaTI#tty-_Kj66p2ReXMkOf4-2YNhnSzDagYtZf5FnrK607A

I can also see you're on an old firmware and there was a very early one where the black levels were off..

3. Moviefan

Moviefan New Member

I will check the patterns.

I have a Lumagen and I've send test patterns to set brightness and contrast on the projector and best setting is changing nothing from factory setting according to the Lumagen test patterns.

It tells me software up to date?

Or is it the firmware as you mention?

Not sure if v6.0.22 is the firmware or the software?

[​IMG]

4. Moviefan

Moviefan New Member

Addtion to above post.

I made a 30 second "black video" and played it. It's complete dark and I was unable to discern difference at the 16:9 frame to the scope screen. I pulled out the menu and put on a bit of light and took this picture. I see no differenct between the black video being played and the native black of the projector.

Could it just be that the gui has elevated black levels?

[​IMG]

5. Markswift2003

It could be, or as I say it could be that the background (which is a png file) is just not at video black.

Either way, if the overlay video plays back correctly that's all that really matters.

The v6.0.22 is the shipping firmware! Very old. The OTA update is rather hit and miss, mostly miss! - at the moment that's usually the mechanism used for beta updates that target specific MAC addresses only, not general releases. The latest beta is here:

Beta version v6.0.90 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

6. Moviefan

Moviefan New Member

Thanks.

That is my guess also now, the GUI simply isnt video black. I could be wrong obviously, but playback doesnt appear to have this above video black issue.

Downloading firmware now, thanks for all the help.

Sincerely.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@Markswift2003

DOLBY VISION COMPATIBILITY MODE (v6.0.90 onwards)

Display/Dolby vision compatible mode/<on><off>

This allows displays that can process both Standard DV and LLDV to prioritise which mode is used with DV output.

<ON> - Standard DV is prioritised
    <OFF> - LLDV is prioritised

I have to admit I got a bit stupid ...
    I have Polish language in Z9X but even switching to English I don't understand some descriptions

I have an LG C9 TV - what should I choose?
    <ON> or <OFF> ?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  8. Markswift2003

The help text for Compatibility Mode is very badly translated and makes no sense at all, so I'm not surprised! I have suggested a better translation.

The LG will allow both Standard DV and LLDV so if you have Compatibility Mode <On> then the Zidoo will output Standard DV and with Compatibility Mode <Off> it will output LLDV.

So the answer depends whether you want Standard DV or LLDV but because the Zidoo is a single layer DV device only, I would chose LLDV, so Compatibilty Mode <Off>.

gymnos likes this.
  9. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Well, only that I noticed that when I switch to ON, after pressing Info it shows 8bit and for OFF it is 12bit ....

Will I see ,, fewer colors and details ,, ?

xskip likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

No, that's normal.

Standard DV uses "HDMI Tunneling" a clever Dolby trick that encapsulates the 12-bit 4:2:0 video within an 8-bit RGB package so that it is HDMI v1.4 compatible. The 12-bit signal is then reconstructed in the display.

LLDV on the other hand is natively 12-bit 422 which is already HDMI v1.4 compatible.

xskip, gymnos and ammar11 like this.
  11. ctom

ctom New Member

Hey all!

Have a Z10Pro
    Please help me guys. Which is the better picture settings if my TV is 8 bit SDR?
    HDR movies black color is too shine with the recommended settings, there is no the older color settings mode "HDR to"
    which was the AUTO mode.
    Thanks Tom

12. Markswift2003

Unfortunately there isn't a good choice at the moment for an SDR TV.

In theory the choice would be "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine" but that's completely broken for SDR (and HDR) at the moment since black levels are way way off.

If you want to try it, you could knock "Brightness" back a couple of notches which would mean a bit of black crush, but you might find the compromise worth it.

The other option is using the Realtek engine for HDR to SDR conversion. If you select HDR "Auto" that would convert HDR to SDR. You can also select "SDR Rec.709 Limited" which will do the same thing in your case.

You can experiment with Display/HDR to SDR also - I suggest "Bright"

Overall I'd recommend trying these settings:

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate and resolution

Display/HDR to SDR: Bright
    Display/HDR: Auto
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235
    Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz (or personal preference, depending on your display)

13. ctom

ctom New Member

Thanks for the qucik help! Yes, just try it and looks like this settings is ok, but the deep color mode is not clear to me. Which is the correct setting when my tv is supported the deep color mode? Try two different mode but i didnt see any different. i think ;)
    maybe is the vivid gamma mode is better.
    Thanks again ! Bast Tom

14. Markswift2003

Deep Colour is a colour depth of 10-bits per channel or more but you said your TV is 8-bit?

If you set as per the first post:

Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT

Then you're ready for Deep Colour if your TV supports it, and if not it doesn't matter.

If vivid gamma looks better then use that - there's no hard and fast rule.

15. ctom

ctom New Member

Thank You so much for your help !

16. shasurf

shasurf New Member

hello to all I updated my settings I have a problem with the sound when I put on raw I have the sound cut
    released hdmi raw
    spdif raw output
    re-sampled hd audio output off
    sampling rate on
    your opinion for the audio that it is the best regalge I have a stereo headset fiber output

17. Markswift2003

Can you just confirm what you are connecting the Zidoo to and how?

18. shasurf

shasurf New Member

oh yes it is connected in hdmi on my 2k television and the audio connected in spdif stereo headphones

19. Markswift2003

Ok, I'd try:

Settings/Audio/HDMI Audio - "Auto"
    Settings/Audio/SPDIF Audio - "LPCM 2 Channel"
    Settings/Audio/Downmix HD Audio Output - <On>

20. shasurf

shasurf New Member

thank you for all her info one more thing that it is the best hard drive format for the device thank you in advance