Rebuilding collection

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by pulse83, Feb 11, 2024.

1. pulse83

pulse83 New Member

Hi!

I have a Z9X Pro connected over LAN to a QNAP NAS. As it stands I have to start over and reconfigure my NAS in a new raid setup. To keep it short I have to format my hard drives and start over again. Will the Zidoo remember my collection (posters etc.) if I move all my movies to new hard drives? I have of course backed up my collection in the Home Theater app.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, you can use "Synchronise data from other source" from the "Sources" screen which is designed for exactly what you're doing.

Firstly - Do not delete your old source(s) from HT4!!

Once the old NAS is disconnected and the new one set up with the same movies etc, you add the new NAS as a new source but DO NOT SCAN it (press <Return> when prompted to scan).

upload_2024-2-11_17-46-13.png

Select it, press <menu> and choose "Synchronise data from other source"

upload_2024-2-11_17-46-59.png

Then choose the old removed source and boom, assuming the new source has exactly the same files as the old one, it migrates it all across.

upload_2024-2-11_17-50-42.png

pulse83 likes this.
  3. pulse83

pulse83 New Member

Excellent! Thanks! Will try it out when the time comes!

4. nmfrankl

nmfrankl New Member

Can I synchronize if the two sources are of different types? I want the data on my new source (shared folder on NAS) to match data on old source (external HDD). When I try is says "Operation failed. Try again later."

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, that should work but there was a bug that meant that the operation failed in synchronising sources as you describe, but that was fixed in v1.0.58

6. orbit

orbit New Member

Hi...
    I have a doubt, any hint can help understand what may be happening here.
    Iam trying to synch two sources: could synch like a charm first one, but the second gives me the "Operation failed. Try again later." message.
    As everything on the NAS is exactly the same, I am surprised with such message.
    It was really fast to synch the first source, full of big files.
    This second source is way more robust, though - not big files, but a lot of them.
    Thanks in advance.

edit.
    p.s. - forgot to mention (just in case) - the model is z1000 pro.