Questions about the NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by FlipMode009, Mar 2, 2022.

1. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

1. The UHD3000 is Roon ready but there is no mention for the Neo S. Is the Neo S Roon Ready as well?
    2. 3D playback. The other RTD1619 players support it, but the spec page for the Neo S does not show it. Can anyone verify if that is just a oversight on the product page or if it for some reason is not able to play it?
    3. Plex, this was an issue with the x10. Is this player now capable of playing TrueHD or DTS-X via Plex with PASSTHROUGH audio now? If so I'm ditching my Nvidia Shield.

2. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Please anybody, I really want to get one but I can't afford to spend this much on uncertainty

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

1. See the Roon Pages. Answer: not yet but in the workx.
    2. It has the standard media player so 3D should be included,
    3. No idea about Plex. But if it can call the Internal Player it should work.

You can't ditch your Nvidia Shield if you are using streaming video services like Netflix on that one.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  4. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Thanks for your reply, I never use streaming services, just my Plex server. So it is one of the more important questions for me. It has a USB DAC so for music services not the end of the world. Can someone please install plex and see if the internal player can be used? Thanks. If an app can be used to access the android API then its not a problem.

5. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Plex doesn't work but Emby & Jellyfin can use the Zidoo player (based on the comments here - a poster forked Jellyfin client to make it work). ZDMC Plex Plugin also cannot use the Zidoo player. Plex will need to release a client version that can use the Zidoo player.