Question on handling disc or part with ISO files

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Jon R, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Jon R

Jon R New Member

I found the documentation that you can use "(1#Movie)" etc to identify the Movie, Extras, Parts, etc for a movie. I got this working with MKV but how do you get it working with ISO files??? Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

2. Jon R

Jon R New Member

@Markswift2003 would you be able to assist me with my question above? Thanks

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I don't have any ISO files but I think from memory Mark S posted it along with a list on how to name files. Anyway "Movie Name.(#Part 1).iso

4. Jon R

Jon R New Member

Yeah I have tried that route but for some reason keep getting only "A, B, C" to show up. Documentation on all this stuff is extremely limited which is frustrating

5. Netmask

The # is first after the bracket, did you then refresh the meta data?

6. Jon R

Jon R New Member

Will take a look at it again in the morning. Pretty sure my test files had (1#Disc 1) etc. Thanks again and will let you know results

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry, still on vacation, so I’m about 4000 miles away from my box…

8. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

In my case it works with Movie Name.(#Disc 1).iso. After renaming the file you have to wait a minute that it takes effect. Maybe that is the problem.

9. Jon R

Jon R New Member

@badboyxx How does it work with ISO files for TV Shows? How should they files be labeled? Thanks again

10. Netmask

11. Jon R

Jon R New Member

Thanks for the link but the info on there is for media flags and I have already seen that website. Nothing on there on how to label ISO files for TV Shows that Zidoo will show correctly. I know TV shows are usually labeled like "S01E01", etc....but that works great for MKV files. But if the TV Show is ripped to ISO with multiple episodes on each ISO, how does Zidoo (or other users) require those files be labeled to show "Disc 1, Disc 2", etc. Should they be labeled just like movies? Or will it be some sort of confliction when Zidoo tries to scrape from TMDB? Hopefully this makes sense! Thanks

12. Netmask

I only use mkv so not certain but I doubt if there would be any confusion with TMDB unless there was a movie of the same name. That can nearly always be fixed by using rematch and select the correct disc poster. Maybe TVDB is back working correctly. At the moment I’m having the interior of my house painted so have had to move into my free standing studio so I can’t get to anything!

13. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I couldn't find a way for TV Shows? During matching you have to choose the episode number. I thinks this has priority before file naming.