Question about naming

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Morten Skovgaard, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Morten Skovgaard

Morten Skovgaard New Member

Hi,
    I have recently ripped the 3 "The Hobbit" movies. My rips are the extended version (took a long time). I'd like the name to reflect that it is the extended version. My rips are BDMV folders. I have tried naming the folders:

The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey (2012) (#The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey - Extended Version)
    The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey (2012) (1#The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey - Extended Version)
    The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey (2012) (#Extended Version)

But no matter what I do I just see the name as "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey") in the interface. It is not a huge deal. Just wondering how I might add my own custom title?

For LOTR it works to do this:
    The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) (1#Extended, part 1)
    The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) (2#Extended, part 2)

That way I can see the 2 disks show as "Extended, part 1 / 2" when I select the movie

Thanks in advance for your help

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Are the movies split into two like the LOTR one above or just one disc per movie?

3. Morten Skovgaard

The Hobbit movies are just one disc each. So I assume that I can drop the number before # for these movies. But the display name is simply ignored

4. Markswift2003

Ok, that's why - the ABC boxes are only used if there is more than one version of one movie, or split files as in LOTR. If you only have one file (or BDMV folder) then the bracketed info is ignored because there's only one version.

In this case you need to edit the name rather than add "versions", and for that you need to use the Web GUI.

upload_2023-4-29_17-40-54.png

upload_2023-4-29_17-43-5.png

upload_2023-4-29_17-44-7.png

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
    Morten Skovgaard likes this.
  5. Morten Skovgaard

Ah, I see. Thanks for spelling it out for me :)
    Much appreciated!!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. timhk63

timhk63 New Member

How do you get to the web GUI?

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Your IP Zidoo address followed by :9528

8. Markswift2003

If you're not sure, the easiest away to check the address is on the about page in HT4

9. timhk63

timhk63 New Member

I have 3 versions of Spider-Man No Way Home....... Regular, Extended, and a Imax. Since they are in the Spider-Man collection I doesn't seem that you can click on each version and just change the names for each version, so how do I change the A, B, C to reflect this? I've done what the POPUP says, but haven't had success. Either that or I'm doing it wrong.
    Thanks in advance.

10. Markswift2003

It's no different in a collection than anywhere else, just use the standard naming protocol:

upload_2023-5-3_8-59-41.png

upload_2023-5-3_9-1-42.png

upload_2023-5-3_9-2-25.png

Attached Files:

11. timhk63

timhk63 New Member

Thanks