PROBLEMS STARTING ZIDOO Z10 PRO. ROOKIE. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by alberto10, Nov 21, 2022.

1. alberto10

alberto10 New Member

Good morning everyone.

Tonight I started tinkering with the zidoo THROUGH the advice of AVSFORUMS AND zidoo forum.

I have several important doubts because I must do something wrong.

1.- I have connected the ethernet cable from the zidoo to the switch, from this switch another ethernet comes out that goes from the living room to the room to the router... that's how I had it in the WD LIVE HUB and direct internet reached it and I could send movies from the pc there.

I plugged it in and I don't know how I have to put the parameters in the zidoo so that it connects by cable... I've messed around a lot and I've entered the dns, netmask, ip.l... I don't know if that's it. .if you have to do it manually...auto..in short...for the moment I have put it by wifi that has worked out for me...let's see if you can help me with the cable connection.

2.- I don't know if this is related to the previous one, it's possible, because zidoo appears in my NETWORKS on the DESKTOP PC... but when I try to access zidoo from the pc to access the folders... or sending something gives an error... I understand that it will be simple but for that I don't give more than yes... sorry.

3.- Let's see...important issue...I have put a folder called PELÍCULAS in the internal WD RED PLUS hard drive that I have put in the zidoo bay.

It does not appear anywhere when I go inside the zidoo to the storage folders. I have various doubts. They are all 4k movies... and right now I'm hooked to the sony tv which is not 4k, but 1080, is it for this reason that the zidoo can't find the folder because those movies can't be seen or it has nothing to do with it and would you have to see the movies folder in the zidoo?

Explain to me how I should see that folder because I've been going around for a couple of hours and I'm not capable.

THANK YOU !!!

2. alberto10

alberto10 New Member

Any help please? It is that no matter how much I read reviews, the forum, other forums... it is impossible for me to configure it so that my FILMS folder that I have on the internal hard drive appears and so that it has a network connection via ethernet.
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

So, you have an internal HDD in the Zidoo and you can’t see the HDD and its content when you go in Media Center and press OK on the name of the HDD in the left menu?

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Seeing the HDD itself is unrelated to the actual content. Should be visible with any type of files on it.
    Not seeing a HDD is mostly related to the way the HDD was formatted. Android likes it plain and simple as it is a stripped/simplified NTFS implementation.

So be sure: There is only a single main partition and no space at the beginning or hidden partition content of any type like Windows likes to use.