Power ON UHD3000 via IP or IR?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by AlterSack, Dec 13, 2021.

1. AlterSack

AlterSack New Member

I'm new here and for everything i needed i found here a solution, thanks to all !

but... the Power On.... i need a solution to send a IR code or a IP Http request to integrate the player at my smarthome.

the power on key (Zidoo API) doesen't work, is there an alternative?
    witch IR Sensor (IR IN) works with UHD3000 and what the IR code for them?
    any RS232 specs to Power on?

2. AlterSack

AlterSack New Member

via zidoo controller app i can boot the device from Power Off, how this works?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There are no discrete IR power codes.

IP control can be used - there is a Power Off command and the device can be woken up using WOL (Power On will not work by IP since the network card will only react to WOL)

The best way to do it is with RS232 - that's what I use and it has full discrete power on/off - see attached docs.

Attached Files:

4. AlterSack

AlterSack New Member

Thanks a lot for the qiuck respones and the helpful docs, can you discripe a little deeper how you have done it, how you send the commands to the rs232? Can it be that you used the IR IN of the Zidoo device as discriped in the RS232 Pinout doc.?

unfortunalely if IR is not possible i need the possibility to send an http request to an devices/adatper (maybe some is on the market) where can be configured to send the rs232 command.

do you have any idee, if this can be possible?

5. Markswift2003

I'm a Crestron programmer so I wrote an RS232 module using the protocol. The Zidoo just connects to a serial port on the Crestron controller.

The pinout is for the 2.5mm RS232 jack on the back of a Z9X - I just realised you have a UHD3000 which has a standard 9-pin D socket so you can just make/buy a standard RS232 crossover cable (TX/RX crossover cable - so pins 2-3, 3-2 and 5-5).

I don't know what controller you use, but most smarthome solutions will allow writing modules to take an http request in and spit out an RS232 command, it's certainly easy with Crestron, so it depends what system you use.

6. AlterSack

AlterSack New Member

Thanks a lot for your effort, i tried WOL via Homematic and it works fine, so my problems are solved ! :) and i can start to replace all this Zippiti players.

On additional Question, is WOL available at model Neo X and S ?

7. Markswift2003

Yes, WOL is available on all 1619 models.

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

WOL works with my Neo X for sure. Just tried.

9. Harp

Harp New Member

What is the WOL command. How do I send it?

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Easiest way is to look for programs that will send WOL on local network. It gets complicated if you are trying to do it from the Internet. It varies by modem / router.
    Some routers forget location of IP's when not active. My router does it. I can't wake up Zidoo from Zidoo Controller App but it works with this app from my iPhone https://www.tdimeco.fr/apps/wake-me-up

Maybe something to do with sending WOL to a single IP address psychical port or broadcasting it to subnet mask.

Harp likes this.
  11. Harp

Harp New Member

Thank you - was able to get the WOL figured out.