Power Button doesn't work after update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Zlojcrash, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Zlojcrash

Zlojcrash New Member

After updating up to 2.1.45 "Power" button on my X9S remote starts work as "Home" button - pressing on it shows start screen, not shut down the box. Long press on it does nothing. Also application "Power" not launched any way.
    I found two workarounds - i can power down the box threw the "Zidoo Remote" app on the phone, or when i shut down my TV - the box sleeps. But i would like to restore normal behavior of power button.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I just dragged out an old X9S and updated to v2.1.45 and the power button works fine.

The fact that the Power app doesn't work suggests that the Standby Handler apk didn't install correctly.

First thing I'd try is to reinstall the firmware.

3. Zlojcrash

Zlojcrash New Member

Great thanks - after reinstall the firmware power button and power app work fine
    Suggestion: may be Standby Handler apk didn't install correctly because two remote keyboards (wireless and bluetooth) were attached in reinstall the firmware process. I had removed they before new reinstall and reinstall went well.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Glad it's sorted.

I doubt the keyboards had anything to do with it, but you never know...