Posterwall query

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by John Thorley, Mar 15, 2022.

1. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

i have just loaded Da Vinci Code trilogy on my Zidoo, my problem is only Da Vinci Code and Inferno show on Posterwall the film is on the drive, anyway to get it show

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is another oddity!

I'm assuming you're on old firmware which still ignores the word "demo" in filenames...

Older firmware used to ignore the strings "trailer" and "demo" as part of the movie filename and this later became part of the trailer functionality.

Not many movies have the word trailer in them, but "Angels and Demons" - well, I'm sure you realise what's going on now...

So in later firmware, the word "demo" has been removed as a default and only "trailer" is used although of course you can edit or remove this were you to find a copy of "Eddie Stobart: Trucks and Trailers" in your collection....

I assume that the firmware is not that old, so you should be able to see "demo" listed under Preferences/Ignore folders and file names...."

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I have possibly a similar oddity (I'm on latest firmware) When I load in the new series ie Upload Series 2 HT creates a collection and the poster folder for Series 1 is labelled by the year of production and series 2 labelled as 2022 instead of Series 1 and Series 2. I can live with it but can it be changed? If so how....

4. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

the firmware is the latest release for 3000
    Beta version v6.3.66

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Possibly for OTA but I'm on Zidoo Firmware V6.3.75_G manually installed via USB from the firmware download site and hopefully V6.3.88_G will become available soon for the UHD3000

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

"Demo" as a default safe word was removed in v6.3.70. I'm not sure when the ability to edit and remove the words yourself came in though.

7. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

i did what Mark suggested and removed demo in Preferences/Ignore folders and file names now Angel and Demons appears, thanks for all your advice i didnt now v6.3.70. was out