Poster File Scanning Agent

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Valad_Amoleo, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Valad_Amoleo

Valad_Amoleo New Member

Good morning! New owner of a Zidoo Z9X and I love it. Over the weekend though I noticed something that was bugging me and I was wondering if there was a way I could avoid it.

Plex now supports having {Edition-Directors Cut} in the file name to indicate a specific Edition of a film. I point my Zidoo to the same NAS as my Plex server. Unfortunately for some of the films the Zidoo scanning agent seems to prioritise the word 'Edition' rather than the film name itself, resulting in the match always being an Avatar special feature edition. Is it possible for me to get the Zidoo scanner to ignore anything inside the {}?

Obviously there are other alternative. The easiest being to just rematch those that fail manually, which I've been doing. It's no hardship but it's an extra step.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Simple answer - no, I'm afraid not.

Longer answer - the Zidoo uses a different convention for Special Editions etc as detailed in the attached file which allows for multiple versions to be listed alongside each other within the same poster detail.

Attached Files:

3. Valad_Amoleo

Valad_Amoleo New Member

Thanks for the file!

Markswift2003 likes this.