Possible to Sort by Director?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by zakforsman, Jul 11, 2023.

1. zakforsman

zakforsman New Member

Is there a way to sort a collection by director in HT4? And within that, have the films sorted by year of release? This is how I organized my physical media before getting my Z9X and ripping the entire collection. So basically titles would be organized like this...

COEN
    Blood Simple (1984)
    Raising Arizona (1987)
    Fargo (1996)
    The Big Lebowski (1998)
    Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)

KUBRICK
    2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
    Barry Lyndon (1975)
    The Shining (1980)
    Full Metal Jacket (1987)

SCORSESE
    Taxi Driver (1975)
    Raging Bull (1980)
    After Hours (1985)
    Gooidfellas) (1990)

I'm aware you can a director's profile and see all the title connected to them, but that gets overrun with duplicate titles because it includes all their credits so the same movie will appear three times in a row for director, producer, and writer.

Maybe the only option is to create categories for each director manually? Any suggestions for customized organization?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  2. zakforsman

zakforsman New Member

Side note: is anyone aware of a way to generate a quick report that lists all the titles in a collection? There have been times when having this to refer to would save me from accidentally buying movies I already have.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There's no built in option to do that but it's possible either using widgets, which would be very messy on the main screen or collections.

You'd have to create a new collection, Kubrick say, and then add movies into it. Any movies that were already in a collection, 2001, 2010 for example, would be removed from their original collections though.

As for a report, the only way I can think of is to save a backup of the database, unzip it (the ztb file is a standard zip) and use Report Builder (it's SQL) to create a custom report - Select * from blah blah blah.

zakforsman likes this.