Possible to get audio and video info by scraping?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Hellspawn, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Hellspawn

Hellspawn New Member

Hi all,

First post and a complete newbie to the world of Zidoo. I am currently doing my best to learn how the system works.

I have a big library of movies with associated fanart and poster and a .nfo file pointing to IMDB. Those parts seem to work ok but Zidoo does not seem to detect the audio and video information from my movies. If I play a movie then it detects audio and video info and updates the db accordingly. But I don't want to start each movie for a couple of seconds to get that info.

Any idea on best approach to get audio and video information into the db?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, make sure you have Analyse Media Info switched on in Preferences...

upload_2022-11-8_17-13-40.png

3. Hellspawn

Hellspawn New Member

I just check now and it is checked. ie it is switched to the right and blue color. But it still does not seem to scrape media info.

4. Hellspawn

Hellspawn New Member

I also did a uncheck, waited a while and check it back. Still does not seem to index the media info. I am running the latest beta build now and upgraded yesterday to see if that help the media scraping issue.

5. Markswift2003

What do you see if you press the <more> button on the movie details page?

upload_2022-11-8_18-13-37.png

upload_2022-11-8_18-14-2.png

6. Hellspawn

Hellspawn New Member

I picked the same move as you are. It shows basically the same as your screenshot. VideoCount 1 and AudioCount 1 and most of the other information is the same.

7. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Zidoo will scan media info on a file as soon as it detects a new file. Sometimes the new file has not finished uploading yet. For example, you copied a file from somewhere else to a location that Zidoo monitored and it took, say, 5 minutes to complete the copy. In such case, the media info will be empty as the file is incomplete and you will need to manually trigger media info refresh to get the info.

So, I always first copy a new file to a temp location that is ignored by Zidoo in the same volume/drive and then cut/paste the file to the Zidoo-monitored location so that Zidoo can analyze it the first time.

TV11 likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

So if that info is there the media info scrape must have happened...

Can you post screenshots of 10 Cloverfield as above (assign screenshot to one of the coloured buttons with the "Shortcut Keys" app. Screenshots are saved in \\Storage\Pictures\Screenshots)

That's not my experience - I just copy a file to my NAS, the Zidoo is permanently on, and it always gets the Media Info as the file starts copying.

Easiest thing to do as belt and braces is to make sure the Zidoo is off when you copy a file, but as I say, never been an issue for me.

9. Hellspawn

Hellspawn New Member

I will update with screenshot when I return home later today. Thanks for your efforts so far, much appreciated.

I have around 3000 movies and no movie have been indexed automatically (maybe the number of movies is the problem?). However, if I play a movie for a short period then the media info is added.

If I go into the detailed view of a movie it takes a couple of seconds and then the information is displayed in the GUI. But the info will not be stored in the DB and available in other views/filter etc. I need to play to move before that happens.

10. AngryVirginian

I can reliably reproduce the issue copying from Windows 10 PC to a Synology 1821+ NAS. My Zidoo is also always on. Notice that there is no media info labels.

[​IMG]

BearOS likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

That's odd - MKV too. Go figure!

12. AngryVirginian

Here is after I hit the Refresh button.

[​IMG]

13. Hellspawn

Hellspawn New Member

Hmm... I also have a synology 1821+ and using mkv files....

For me the info is not seen (only MKV as that is part of file name) and after a few seconds it retrieves the info automatically. I don't need to push refresh. If I push refresh i reloads with the same info.

@AngryVirginian, will your info be available in filters and "4K collections" etc without needing to play the .mkv file(s)?

14. Hellspawn

Hellspawn New Member

All my files were in place before scanning as I had the movies before buying the zidoo so don't think it has anything to do with your experience but maybe related as we use the same NAS.

15. Hellspawn

Hellspawn New Member

16. Markswift2003

So hang on - what's missing??? All looks good to me.

17. Hellspawn

Hellspawn New Member

In the last picture you can see there is only a few movies in the 4k collection, all of them have been played back more than 10 sec. 10 cloverfield lane is missing even if I have the details when looking at the details. If I start the movie for 10 seconds, then it will most likely show upp in the collection.

Also, first time going into the movie details for a movie it takes a while before retrieving media data, sometimes 10 seconds or even more, sometimes faster. The next time it seems instant (but still missing from 4k collection and filters etc)

I have more 400 4K movies the I would expect end up in the collection.

18. Markswift2003

So it's not mediaInfo scraping that's the issue, it's the badges and 4K allocation??

You said you didn't get audio video info??