Popping sound with external dac

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by edliw, Nov 29, 2023.

1. pippo pluto

pippo pluto New Member

I don't know if I understood correctly but I don't think I can make my old Pass Labs D1 DAC interact in any way with a Windows PC or anything else, but as I told you I probably didn't understand your suggestion correctly

As firmware I have the "current" never used EQ, tone or gain control.
    I've just read the alpha Change logs:
    1.Added SPDIF output sampling rate switch delay function.
    Maybe it's related too?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
  2. edliw

edliw New Member

Yes it should be, please load the alpha and check :) In my case I just use another DAC: AUDIO GD NFB-1 and no pop at all, so it is definitely related to DAC different technology. But I get another issue with this DAC with my Samsung TV optical out (short sound dropouts) but it is another story… :)

3. Freddy McCulloch

Freddy McCulloch New Member

I just received my Eversolo Master edition and I'm experiencing the same thing. I love the sound of the machine, but this is driving me crazy. Did you ever get a solution to this?

4. edliw

edliw New Member

Hi, they developed some solution in the latest firmware, have you updated to 1.2.40_beta? In the digital output configuration there is "sample rate switch latency" option, sorry but I haven't checked that with my Atoll DAC100SE yet as I am simply using another DAC I have which is free of this problem (Audio GD NFB1 2015). But will check in some time in the future for sure. Let us know if this works for you, what DAC do you have?

5. Freddy McCulloch

How can I update? I don't see an option. Will you check the dac you were using? I'm using the dac in my Hegel h190.

6. edliw

edliw New Member

HI, just read the manuals and forums, you will find it. Generally Update App at the A6 is for updating.

7. edliw

edliw New Member

What firmware version do you have? Go into spdif or usb configuration and you should see latency switch... For beta versions you need to tick the box to accept betas.

8. Freddy McCulloch

version 1.1.80

9. Freddy McCulloch

There is not a latency switch option on my spdif or usb configuration

10. Freddy McCulloch

Is there a way to download the beta to a thumb drive from pc and install to the back of the machine?

11. edliw

edliw New Member

yes it is, read the manual:
    EVERSOLO-DMP-A6-User-Manual-v1.0.pdf
    page 24 - tick the beta box - maybe it will update itselft then

if you download the update, remember to not unzip it, you flash drive has to be in certain format, you have to check all that somewhere... sorry don't remember everything...

12. Freddy McCulloch

Ok, I have the box checked, but it hasn't updated yet. Where did you find the beta download? I have my usb drive ready.

13. edliw

edliw New Member

There was a thread about alpha version with a link I guess, cannot find it right now, Beta uploaded itself, maybe you need to restart dont know...

14. Freddy McCulloch

Restart the machine?

15. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

If you manually updated the alphas via USB, then you got the beta automatically OTA as well. You can manually update to v1.2.40_beta via a USB stick by downloading from the eversolo pages, McBluna gave a link in the first pinned thread on this forum, you should be able to find it. Do not unzip and use the Update under Apps on the A6.

16. Freddy McCulloch

Thank you for all your help! I went through the entire thread and do not see a pinned thread for a download link. This has been such a pain in the ass. I should have spent more money and bought the hifi rose 250a. :(

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  17. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

OK not easy to find. Mirror posted direct links to the alpha updates on this forum. So go to page 2 of this forum and find the thread called "Alpha version v1.2.37 for DMP-A6". First post is by mirror you will see this is the second alpha firmware update changelog, the download link is after the changelog. Put this onto a USB stick, do not unzip it, use the Update facility under Apps on the A6 to do the firmware update. The latest beta v1.2.40_beta should then announce itself as available after that, I think you do not need to have the beta option ticked to be offered it as long as you put the alpha in first. Hope it works OK.

18. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Oh and remember to update your control app either Android or iOS to the latest versions as well.

19. Freddy McCulloch

Ok, I updated the device and it was still doing the same thing until I changed the output latency a bit. it goes from 0 to 3000. I put it on 50 and now the noise is completely gone.

20. Inti

Inti Active Member

Recommend is 128