Plex Dolby Vision Profile 7...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by techos, Jul 3, 2023.

1. techos

techos Member

Is there any way to have Plex utilise the internal player, so therefore support DV Profile 7 instead of falling back on HDR?

I have found some tools, but they seem to rely on accessing the library and doing some "stuff" - is there any way to avoid this?

2. techos

techos Member

Nobody?

3. electrobento

electrobento New Member

You might have better luck asking in the Z9X forum, but I think the short answer is “no”.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

5. techos

techos Member

Thanks, I had spotted that but doesn't work unfortunately. Seems the newer Z9X Pro doesn't allow us to set the app to mobile mode to allow selection of an external player.

I'm about to give up I think, just not going to support what I wanted unfortunately :(

6. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

More like Plex does not want to allow use of the native Zidoo player. Emby and Jellyfin can use it (at least on the 1619DR players). Only Plex cannot. This request should be sent to Plex.

7. techos

techos Member

I couldn't even get Emby/Zidoo to work on this new player! Calling external player just gives me nothing.