Please change Google Play to Android TV Google Play.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by boolian, Apr 5, 2022.

1. boolian

boolian Member

Currently it is the Android Phone Google Play. Most of the apps are unusable without a mouse. Android TV apps are usable with the Zidoo remote.

X-hedgehog likes this.
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Get a Bluetooth mouse - £10 ish with a sender - you'll not look back :)

3. boolian

boolian Member

I have a Rii airmouse which is even better than a mouse for this use. But I would rather use a remote it's just easier to use.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I use my mouse on my armchair and together with my Harmony remote, I haven't used the Zidoo Remote for ages. I accept it's good but it's not up to the job of controlling installed software

5. boolian

boolian Member

?

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're asking

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

8. boolian

boolian Member

Dang you can write a lot. I hope you're paid for it. Do you mean it's impossible to install Android TV (non-phone) apps from Google Play on Zidoo?

muha likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Just read the Appendix-C. The answer is NO but yes on other brands like Dune.

No, I do this just for fun.

muha likes this.
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm using USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) with no issues whatsoever. I've linked my TIDAL (HiFi Plus) account to it and get really excellent results - my cheap Bluetooth mouse: - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08R617RDJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 interacts with my Zidoo excellently but because this is tightly fitted in my HiFi housing, I bought these to make it easier for the Bluetooth signal to get through: - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0734JC4J2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I did use TeamViewer before and tried without much success to communicate with my Zidoo using the supplied Remote. These days this remote lies idle and when I do need to use a remote, I use my Harmony Elite. This may sound obvious (in which case I apologise in advance), but Android TV is available on Play Store as I just checked. Whether it will work, I don't know.

Hope this helps

boolian likes this.
  11. boolian

boolian Member

I thought Nvidia Shield uses Android Leanback? Shield has Android TV Google Play Store.

12. Nice Monkey

I think Shield TV uses Android TV as their OS. This seen their GUI and including Voice Control both typical Android TV.

Maybe somebody can confirm/contradict this?