Player stuck on boot

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by Alex Long, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Alex Long

Alex Long New Member

Hi,

I recently sold a perfectly functioning X20 Pro on eBay - before boxing it up I updated all the factory settings.

The buyer sent it back though as the player won’t get past the initial boot (which came as huge surprise to me!). I have been in touch with Zidoo support and all they have asked me to do is reflash the device after a hard reset. Which I did, and nothing changed! Not sure what to do next, has anyone encountered this issue before?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

3. Alex Long

Alex Long New Member

Hi Mark,

It doesn’t get passed the initial boot unfortunately, you can hear the fan kick in, but that’s it, it seems to reset back to the initial boot again (over and over again!)

Do I just contact the guru and ask him if he has a solution?

Thanks

4. Alex Long

Alex Long New Member

Sorry, yes that’s the flash procedure that I tried, following Zidoo supports advice.

thanks

5. Markswift2003

Definitely worth sending him a message - he's a user on here jjm2473

He helped me when I completely bricked a Z9X and Zidoo thought it was unrecoverable.

But it will probably involve soldering a UART to the motherboard to connect to a PC.

This is the one I used:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262448073893?epid=22023081201&hash=item3d1b1fcca5:g:YZUAAOSw~E5geuz4

6. Alex Long

Alex Long New Member

Hi Mark,

That’s great, I will send him a message now to see what he thinks. Haven’t soldered anything for about 20 years, but I’m sure it’ll come back to me! :)

Thanks again for the advice

7. Markswift2003

Best of luck ;)