Picture and audio stutters/freezes/pauses/grawls

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by karipu, Sep 16, 2019.

1. karipu

karipu Member

Constant picture and audio stutters/freezes/pauses/grawls with Blu-rays and big (20GB>) MKV files.

Movies are on my iMacs (macOS Mojave 10.14.6) hard disk.

Connection is NFS.

Ethernet cables are Category 7.

HDMI cables are Version 2.1.

TV is Full HD.

Zidoo firmware is v2.2.91 (same inoperative result with the former firmwares).

Speed Test informs that Zidoos connection is 95/10,5 Mbps.

Is there a fix coming?

At this moment, with this configuration, I'm only able to play smaller MKVs and DVDs…

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. nabla

nabla New Member

I am curious: how did you check the speed? I did some tests with iperf3, which showed acceptable transfer rates with my NAS as server and z9s as client. Still, I sometimes have some single frame stutter. Still, I am not sure that this isn't an error on my side, and I need to observe it longer...

3. karipu

karipu Member

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I have all my UHD BDs ripped to MKVs on NAS drives with no compression, some of which are 70GB plus and most are over 50GB with no playback issue whatsoever.

I switched from NFS to SMB maybe a year ago - can't remember exactly why, but there was some issue. NFS used to be the preferred protocol for streaming a few years ago due to its low overhead, but these days SMB performs better - I'd definitely recommend switching.

The fact that you can play smaller files would indicate a network transfer issue, but the problem you describe is not a known issue with the Zidoo.

5. karipu

karipu Member

How do you configure Zidoo to connect to iMac? Zidoo does not approve my SMB shared folders username and password.

xskip likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

Never owned a Mac but I expect you'll need to setup an SMB (windows) share on the Mac and once that's done you should just be able to browse to it on the Zidoo under "SMB" in "Add Source" in HT2.

7. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

i use smb, can concur playing 70+GB mkv no prob at all

8. karipu

karipu Member

The problem:

Zidoo does not approve my iMacs SMB shared folder username and password.

However I'm sure the username and password are correct.

xskip likes this.
  9. xskip

xskip Active Member

seme here. i can see on my iMac discs in zidoo, but not my iMac on zidoo... eh.

10. Markswift2003

Maybe temporarily remove authentication on the Mac just to see if SMB works?

If it does, then you know it's worth pursuing..

11. karipu

karipu Member

On Macs you can’t remove autenthication.

SMB works from iMac to Zidoo...

12. Markswift2003