PGS subtitle wrong color (inverted)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Feb 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Hi, yesterday I tried to play "The godfather", a remux file I made from a bluray but PGS color is totally wrong !
    I think it's the first time I played PGS whith color other than white and the resulting color seams inverted.
    In this movies subtitles are yellow to match the image color but they appear green in the zidoo native player.
    I tried using HT 4 or ZDMC, the result is the same, it comes from the player. On my PC colors are yellow as expected.
    Has anyone experienced a similar issue ?
    (I use french subtitle but english has the same issue)

2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

If you’re using DV modes, watching SDR content converted to DV, the subtitle colour can change wildly. This is the result of applying high dynamic range to the PGS image, I think Zidoo can do something about it. @mirror

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I use the "always lldv" option, I gonna try without this option this evening but if the color are wrong the player should a least give me the option to play it in white, because this flashy green subtitles are horrible.

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I can confirm this behaviour when VS10 set to handle SDR video. I have a title where the subs are turned into sea-blue. Very peculiar.
    Also PGS greys are displayed way too bright. Subtitles are typically authored much darker on HDR video and it seems that the Zidoo boosts the brightness for SDR PGS too.

5. ammar11

You can dim the PGS subtitle in the settings.

6. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Yes but you can't change the color...

7. ammar11

I know that. I was responding to his comment about the PGS subtitles being too bright.

8. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Yes, I was aware, thanks. Nevertheless, let's hope Zidoo will fix VS10 screwing up SDR PGS.
    I don't think it would be that difficult to let VS10 process SDR video only and afterwards just overlay the subtitle images as they are.
    Maybe Zidoo never thought of this slip and a fix will be on their to-do list.

ammar11 likes this.