Perplexed about audio from Z10 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by videonut99, Dec 12, 2021.

1. videonut99

videonut99 New Member

I have a few questions about the audio settings in the Zidoo boxes...in particular the Z10 pro....so far love the pic quality is much better then my Nvidia pro shield ever was....however the audio side is a bit of a problem....here is the problem/question what settings should I use for the zidoo to have my Yamaha RXA-A6A do all the audio processing(tried RAW & passthru) up til now can not use any other setting then surround A.I(in other words no Atmos,etc??0 .Using the music player(USB 3.0 stick for music) have to turn the AVR up quite a bit for sound. I know I'm missing something but what????Thanks for any help!!

2. muha

muha Active Member

I am confused, your AVR is not recognising sound signals?

3. muha

muha Active Member

This should give you optimum
    Screenshot_20211212-081703.png Screenshot_20211212-081652.png
    You may try turning this on
    Screenshot_20211212-081637.png

And this all you should do in MP
    Screenshot_20211212-081729.png

4. muha

muha Active Member

Also do you have latest FW on AVR?
    And did you try with different HDMI cable?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just to add to what @muha has already posted, if you set Audio to either "Auto" or "RAW" and the EDID from the receiver tells the Zidoo it supports the formats, when any Dolby or DTS format is played it is simply bitstreamed to the receiver which decodes it - there's kind of not much to go wrong there...

"RAW" is a kind of belt an braces mode - it bitstreams the audio whatever so it it doesn't work in RAW I'd be looking at the receiver settings...

6. muha

muha Active Member

@Markswift2003 I had few times Denon going numb when passthrough set to auto mode.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I always just leave it set to RAW.

Except when I forget...

8. DOC1963

DOC1963 New Member

The Zidoo has a digital volume control. Using the Zidoo remote, turn the volume up to max (the default is 50%). That will take care of your low volume issue. However, be aware that setting the volume to max (where it should be) doesn’t “stick”. The next time you use the app, it will again use the default. There’s been mention of a “volume bypass” setting to come in a future firmware which will be a welcomed addition and really should have been present from the start.

BTW… I use the same audio output settings that are posted above and my Marantz AV8805 has no issue allowing me to apply any of its available processing modes. So, for that, there must be a setting in your AVP that’s being overlooked.

I believe the Music Player app will always output 2ch PCM over HDMI (using FLAC files) regardless of the “raw” setting.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    videonut99 likes this.
  9. muha

muha Active Member

Are you taking about volume control on remote?
    Because it does stick to 100% and it doesn't have effect on DolbyDigital(+) and DTS files when set to passthrough. Only way that it could have effects on DTS and DD is when set to LPCM stereo where it basically sends L and R channel as waveform to AVR.

videonut99 likes this.
  10. DOC1963

DOC1963 New Member

Yes, I’m referring to the volume control on the Zidoo remote and, yes, I do realize that it has no effect on DD or DTS when set to passthrough (RAW). However, the OP was referring to music based files when played through the MP app. Those are sent as 2ch PCM over HDMI where the volume control does have an effect and would certainly explain his “low volume”.

I have also experienced instances where the volume control has unexpectedly reset itself to 50% without provocation. So, maybe I should have said “doesn’t always stick”. But since this device (in almost all use cases) is not intended to be a preamp, that “volume bypass” would certainly be a welcomed feature and should be a “stickied” preset that is honored by both apps.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    videonut99 and muha like this.
  11. videonut99

videonut99 New Member

A big thanks to all for the replies!!! One problem solved the low volume is gone....the other one is is still happening can't change the surround modes at all.....also noticed the screen shots from muha & my device are different...muha what firmware are you on?Is it a beta one?Thanks for the great help so far much appreciated!!!

12. muha

muha Active Member

13. videonut99

videonut99 New Member

Muha: What firmware are you on?Is it a beta?Thanks I'm on latest one that is not a beta

14. muha

muha Active Member

v6.3.60