OPUS audio codec - Z20 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Luis Silva, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

O problema do codec de áudio OPUS continua na v1.0.65. Pelo menos um canal de áudio não é reproduzido.

2. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Is that for stereo or multichannel?

3. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Is for multichannel

4. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Situação resolvida. Foi um problema com a configuração de áudio do z20 pro.

5. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Afinal, o problema persiste no áudio multicanal 7.1. No áudio multicanal 5.1 não há problema.

6. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Hello
    The new version v1.0.75_G, Z20 Pro, still does not resolve the opus audio codec issue, normally associated with the AV1 video codec. The sound of videos with this codec, in multichannel, fails at least on one channel.

7. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Hello
    In addition to the OPUS audio codec, the AAC 5.1 or 7.1 audio codec also does not work correctly. The audio dialogues channel, normally the center channel, is not audible. To be able to hear the dialogues of films with these codecs it's necessary to change the sound settings, of Zidoo Z20 Pro, to LPCM 2.0.

8. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Hello
    Another audio codec with the same problem as those previously reported.
    In the FLAC audio codec, in 5.1 or 7.1, the main dialogue channel, of films containing this codec, is not audible.
    As previously mentioned, the OPUS and AAC audio codecs, in 5.1 or 7.1, also have the same problem.

9. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Actually I've never seen any video file without Dolby or DTS track. I've never stumbled over Opus or flac for the last twenty years.

10. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I have Conan The Barbarian 1080p Rip with OPUS 5.1 that plays fine. All speakers playing as far as I can tell including the center channel.

11. McBluna

Is the audio track bit streamed to your AVR and the AVR does the decoding?

12. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Hello McBluna
    Fortunately, that over the past 20 years, times have changed and today there are countless film files with just one audio track and using the latest and most technologically advanced audio codecs.
    The solution you present solves nothing.

13. McBluna

I didn't present any solution, just questions.
    How are this audio tracks decoded, by Zidoo or your AVR?

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Opus is supported, decoded internally and output as LPCM.

Tested a 5.1 sample and all channels decode correctly (v1.0.75)

Presumably a file problem.

15. McBluna

He don't have this issue with one file only. Another question is, if any video with 5.1 works as expected.

16. Markswift2003

No idea - tried a few files now and as I say, 5.1 seems to work here.

Also tested 5.1 AAC and that works too - again decoded internally to multi-channel PCM.

17. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I tried it both as Raw and Auto and it decoded to 5.1 channel PCM in my AVR.

18. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Hello
    What really happens is that, sometimes, although in a minimal percentage, the audios are correct. This instability, uncommon in digital systems, where logic is dominant, is completely inexplicable to me, and impossible to resolve because it is not possible to determine, with any accuracy, where the problem is.

19. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Hello
    The Zidoo Music Player 7.0 app doesn't read audio files in Wav - DTS format.

20. Markswift2003

Sorry, but yes it does.

It decodes DTS WAV to multichannel LPCM.

upload_2024-1-31_11-49-16.png

upload_2024-1-31_11-49-44.png

Unclejoshc and xskip like this.