NzbGet on Zidoo X10

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Wolfy20, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Wolfy20

Wolfy20 New Member

Hi There,

I would want to know if we can install NZBGet on Zidoo X10, and if someone has made a tuto to have the deamon self started on boot.

Moreover, is it possible that we had this feature on the on-going firmware version, that would be awesome, and a great advance for this box.

Maybe someone could help using OpenWRT? Can we had some third app on it?

Many thanks.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

3. Wolfy20

Wolfy20 New Member

I'm really sorry, I'm just a newb on Linux (OpenWrt) and I should receive my box next week, so may be my question could be stupid but :
    what you mean by :"Holding OK while you have the app"? where should I find this option?

just to be sure of something :
    - The NzbGet app is not available on OpenWRT repo, so i can't install it by Luci (openWRT Gui)? So i will install it by this way https://nzbget.net/installation-on-linux. : Am I correct?
    - Then what will be the correct way to activate the start-up on boot? How I will be able to "Hold OK" to grant this option?

Sorry if you've already answer to this question, or if it seems so easy for you, but unfortunatly, I'm not aware of this OS (nor Android) and this is a must have option for me (as it was on my old popcorn hour). Many Many thanks if you can help me or give me a tutorial.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you will understand one you get the box :p

as for nzbget, probably won't work. but you should be able to use aria2 for downloads

p.s. the openwrt on the box is ported by realtek , it has no acces to openwrt repo as there is no repo for this box. what box comes with all you ever get in openwrt from factory

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  5. Wolfy20

Wolfy20 New Member

ok. The point is : can I add some app with a linux installer? Because Aria2 is not what I'm looking for, I need a NZB app. I'm ready to install app as explain on the NzbGet website, but unfortunatly, I don't know how to launch on start the deamon of the app. I totally get the fact that there is no repository for realtek, but could you tell me if we are "root" on OpenWrt side, if I can install third party app? It's really a shame that you offer a torrent app but no NzB app. I'm pretty sure this is absolutly easy for you to add this item. Moreover, can I update directly the OpenWrt version 15.05 to 17.01? or is it something you will propose soon?

PS: if you need a beta tester to integrate NZB app, I can help you. :)

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

openwrt is not like linux. so no. can;t install it that way, unless it;s compiled for openwrt and for the specific realtek SOC

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i see there is some sort of installer on android, you may install it that way if it works

8. Wolfy20

Wolfy20 New Member

ok. So it's out of my skills. So sad, cause that would be an awesome feature to get those kind of app. No way to implement it on your next firmware?

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

probably a 1% chance zidoo actually reads this and on top of that another 0.001% chance they talk with realtek to implement it

10. Wolfy20

Wolfy20 New Member

In fact on android, it doesn't start on boot, that's why i was looking for features on Openwrt. and i would be prefer something more stable, so android :mad:

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

box is 95% android 5% openwrt :)) if you don;t want android, you got the wrong box my man

and again, zidoo has autostart apps on there boxes

12. Wolfy20

Wolfy20 New Member

thanks for your help and answer. I think I should build up a PCHC instead of taking the Zidoo.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

for your needs, yes . or see if you can get away with a raspberry pi or something like that

14. Wolfy20

Wolfy20 New Member

Ok I will give it a try, and yeah, Android is not my cup of tea, but there is no real other option, or getting a pCHC (but not the same budget too)

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

probably mean HTPC , and again, raspberry pi or other development board car run some sort of linux