Nova Video Player works with Zidoo’s internal player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by HDGuy, Oct 26, 2021.

1. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos-AVP/releases

I really like Nova on my Shield so just for the hell of it I installed Nova 6.0.28 on my Z9X. Once installed all you need to do is go into the preferences and click on “Allow using another video player” and when you go to play something you can select the video player you want, including the Zidoo’s internal player. Pick always for that and you’re all set.

I like Nova’s interface better than HT 4.0’s (you can select the TV interface in preferences), it’s better at scraping, plus it has Trakt integration (yay!). ZDMC would be OK, but for the fact it takes forever to scrape for me, and Nova is just plain zippy and easy to use.

I’m very happy now, this is exactly how I expect the box to work. I just scraped my rather large collection of media (uses TMDB for everything) and it got almost every title on the first try, and only took a minute or two to do it.

2. Levi

Levi New Member

thanks for sharing, it's seems worth to try, I will do it if I have some time!

3. vddan

vddan Active Member

Do I need the 'G' firmware to download 'NOVA'? Thanks in advance.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

"G" is short for "Google" as in Playstore, so yes unless you find an .apk file.

5. vddan

vddan Active Member

That's what I thought ............. thank you !!

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

No worries - how are you finding your TV with the Zidoo? - I see you have the same as myself

7. vddan

vddan Active Member

With the Zidoo the image after calibration is at the top !!!!!
    The only defect of the Samsung are the too jerky tracking shots .................. on this side nothing beats a Sony !!!

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It’s a fork of the old Archos player.

It works quite well because of the Zidoo player but is very rudimentary, not customisable and the scraper makes some interesting choices…

vddan likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, it's not in the name class at all ;)

11. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Nova's garbage dude! I tried it out years ago and it hasn't evolved since. Boring and bland experience. That's just my opinion though.

12. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

As I said, it's not as customizable as HT4.0 but it works well and has Trakt support. Also the 6.0.24 allows for more options.

It's easy and it works for me. The scraper is much improved in the newer build. With HT4.0 I'd have >100 missed entries, with Nova I had 3, and rest it got correct. And yes, my naming conventions are correct.

If there are any other Android based media players (other than ZDMC) that work with Zidoo's internal player, feel free to share.