Not recording HDCP!

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by angelos_cy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Hi!

I have recently bought my device and I had never seen anywhere anything about not being able to record HDCP content. I have a cable TV box which only shows regular, not copyrighted, channels of my country. I would like to stream these channels, but I get the following message "Copyrighted content. Recording failed." What can I do about this? Streaming from my cable TV box was one of the main reasons I bought this device! :-( What can I do about this issue?

2. Reinhold Neef

Reinhold Neef New Member

I have a similar problem. I own a TV-Box (Telekom MR 303). When I connect it to HDMI In Zidoo says that there is no HDMI signal. Other devices like another mediaplayer show the picture without any problem.
    Streaming from my cable TV box was one of the main reasons I bought this device! :-( What can I do about this issue?

3. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

HDCP is a very well known copyright protection and Zidoo is license for HDMI so sure it will respect it. The only way to bypass HDCP is with splitter or switch that actualy rip HDCP. Google HDCP ripper to search for those devices but be aware that is hard to find them, often devices known to work may had change spec between the list and do not work. Sometime a simple switch with audio extractor set to 2 ch will work. Record and cast will always be in 2ch audio.

4. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Thanks Sarco!

5. Dave Lamb.

Dave Lamb. New Member

Hi,
    It's a bit weird that I can't record via the HDMI input, images that I filmed with my camera, coming from my own computer because I get an error message saying "copyrighted content. Recording failed." Those are my images and do not require a copyright. I bought the X8 model with HDMI in specifically to record focus groups and I can't because of that "Copyright" message. Same thing when I try to record images from my PS4. What is the use of HDMI in if we need to buy another "tool" to bypass a "Copyright"... that does not exist???

6. Sarco

Does your hdmi rx set to 1.4, also in developper option use old hdcp from android 5? Maybe this could solve your issue?

It exist: google HDCP ripper.

7. Dave Lamb.

Dave Lamb. New Member

Yes I tried HDMI 1.4 and 2.0. Nothing happen.

8. Sarco

In developper option check HDCP?

9. Sarco

If your camcorder add HDCP you will need ripper to be able to record in Zidoo. But if you already have the record why record it again?

10. Rotorway

Rotorway New Member

I bought the X9s for the featured HDMI recording capability, but seems I to have the same issue with HDCP.

My friend has a Xtreamer 4K box which works flawlessly with any source of HDMI in. In addition has a built in hard drive

The whole concept is not to use HDCP rippers etc to solve the shortfall with Zidoo, but to have a out of the box working feature in the first place.

Zidoo should have very specifically stated on their product page that their unit do not record HDCP protected feed.

Very disappointing, was a mega mistake going with Zidoo.!!

11. spring

spring Guest

We must abide by the basic laws.

12. Sarco

@Rotorway

Zidoo should advertise "our product comply and respect HDCP" ? If so Xtreamer allow HDCP recording they should advertise "Our product infringe law by allowing copy protect content" and I don't think it is the case. Since when legal and legit product must state the legality of product? If you check the product X9S page at zidoo.tv you can actualy see the certificate for HDMI so that mean they follow the rules. Why didn't you check before buying if the device will do illegal operation? Infringe law? Because that what you want isn't it? So search for illegal device but do not blame company that respect law!

HaoSs likes this.
  13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

14. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

I agree with Rotorway. Zidoo should mention HDCP compliance. Before I bought this device I had no idea what HDCP is. Why should I know about it? Is it anywhere stated that anyone who buys this device should be an IT expert? I just bought a device which was advertised as an Android device which records and streams HDMI-in source. I thought that this was a solution for what I wanted. I wanted a way to stream my cable TV content to other devices of mine. My cable TV box has only free-to-air channels, so why should I know about HDCP? If Zidoo just mentioned these four letters in their advertisement, then this misunderstanding would just be avoided.

15. esse60

esse60 New Member

You can try at your own risk with a tool like this. 61fxMlNNy2L._SL1500_.jpg

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you are wrong.
    this is netflix all over again. people not researching before buying something.

17. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

I don't think so!
    When a company sells a product is obliged to inform about the limitations.

18. Sarco

What limitation? Digital media are copy protect, this is not limitation it is a fact!

19. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

It is a limitation of the advertised recording/streaming function. It's not a fact that everyone should be aware of. When a company advertises the features of their product, nothing should be considered self-evident. It's like when mobile phone companies advertise that their devices have LTE/4G network connection but they mention that it will function only if your mobile network provider supports it. It's like when you buy a pharmaceutical ointment and it's denoted that it shouldn't be taken by mouth. Nothing is self-evident. It's misleading when limitations are not indicated.

20. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

esse60, thanks for the suggestion!