Not recording HDCP!

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by angelos_cy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Limitation to copy digital media is not by Zidoo it is worldwild agreement. Anyway I record everything I want just adding 15$ USD.

2. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

It's not that easy actually! It's try and error. I have already bought from eBay and tried two different HDMI splitters which were also advertised as HDCP strippers. None of them worked. I'm still waiting for two other ones I ordered. So it's not just 15 USD. It's 15 USD times n, where n is whenever you will be lucky to get the right HDMI "stripper".

sjohund likes this.
  3. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Likewise, LTE/4G coverage is a limitation of some mobile network providers, but mobile phone companies need to mention it. And the potential use of ointments by mouth is due to the potential mental limitation of some potential customers, but pharmaceutical companies need to mention it. :)

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

they also have different bands. Most manufacturers report "4g" phone. you buy it and you discover you can't use the band the provider has..

5. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Definitely not! The supported bands are ALWAYS mentioned in the advertisements.

6. Dave Lamb.

Dave Lamb. New Member

It's a HD webcam and I want record directly on Zidoo X8 and on my computer to have a backup. If I can directly record on USB drive or TF Card, I can give to my customer more quickly.

7. cineclub

cineclub New Member

Thanks me!!@!!!:p:mad::eek::oops::rolleyes:

8. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

What is the attached apk used for?

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

bypass HTPC protection ? carefull when installing it.

10. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

does it bite, or what?

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

its from a unknown source . Install on your own risk

12. cineclub

cineclub New Member

Install this hacked apk,you can record anything from hdmi in

Attached Files:

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You are right about that. Hackers exist in flavors, some just want to become rich at your expense. Maybe I will write a document about security risks with specifically media players. There are plenty: Installing APK's from unknown sources, Rooting, KODI plug-ins and add-ons, Home networking, Remote Internet Access etc.

The only thing I can assure you that media players and smart TV's are already a popular target for data snooping/stealing and botnet's. Not so easy to avoid risks and you best regard it as unsafe inclusive the NAS you connect it to, for me one of the reasons not to use a special NAS. I am using my daily use media player itself also as my common NAS resource for public media content exclusively. My documents/mail/private Pictures etc remain on my PC with a good independent backup and Home Networking disabled.

Maybe an Android Wizard on the forum can have a detailed look at the APK for suspicious code?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  14. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

I downloaded the apk file, unchecked the auto-run option of the HDMI-in application, unplugged the HDMI cable which I had in the HDMI-in port, rebooted X9S and tried to install the apk, but it says "Application not installed".

15. cineclub

cineclub New Member

re-download,I uploaded a new version

16. Rotorway

Rotorway New Member

Hi,
    did you have any luck with the APK file ? I do not see a new updated version that 'cineclub' he mentioned. Do let me know. thanks.

17. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

haven't tried yet

18. sjohund

sjohund New Member

Seems I am bit late to this discussion... Just to be clear - I fought the law but law won!
    Its a struggle between those who cant stand someone else is taking their money. Everything should be solved on court and nothing should be forbidden. Since modern man has lost his integrity because of power of minority who are greedy for money...but let me say it simple... Nobody should forbid no one to record what he wants but everyone must prevent anyone who makes money on it!!! That is the main philosophic principle. If I wanna record something for myself to keep it as lovely memory for the future days, no one should be capable to take it away from me. One day, digital cameras will be forbidden or will be armed with silly protections...one day you will not be able to raise your own children...one day robots will rule...so...what do you say about that? What we are with no trust in us?! We have to believe in "buona fide" by doing all in a good way. So fuck the system!!! Buy a splitter from China for 10 $ and record using your Zidoo X9s over HDCP 1.3b! Astalavista baby!

p.s.
    I spit on a day I spent 150$ on Zidoo X9s. Had to buy Xtreamer...

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Ther's a hacked hdmi in app that lets you record protected content.

20. sjohund

sjohund New Member

How do you install this app?