No subtitles any more

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Niels Engberg, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Niels Engberg

Niels Engberg New Member

Hello.
    I have suddenly lost the ability to download subtitles on my Zidoo UHD 3000. I haven't made any changes to the setup so I don't understand. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong. Latest firmware is installed.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No connection with the Internet or the Server pointed to by Zidoo isn't available?

3. Niels Engberg

Niels Engberg New Member

The player IS connected to the internet via LAN

4. Niels Engberg

Niels Engberg New Member

And the poster wall is being updated

5. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

I'd suggest just resetting the Zidoo to factory defaults. I had an issue where posterwall randomly wouldn't scrape anything. At all. Literally nothing fixed it aside from resetting the entire box. Resetting only posterwall wouldn't fix it. It's an annoying fix but it's the only thing that worked. Posterwall definitely still has some major bugs.

6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I would not just do a factory reset due to subtitles not being downloaded just yet.... That could literally be due to a totally outside issue with the website? or service? that Zidoo uses for that feature. I would invesigate further. I have never had a Posterwall or HT4 issue that required a factory reset.. unlike ZDMC. I would maybe just try a "softer reset" of shutting off the main switch in the back and then trying again.

7. Jimbo Randy

Actually, try disconnecting the network and reconnecting as well. Or switching to wifi and back again. I read that that can fix network bugs.

8. Jimbo Randy

What happened with ZDMC that required the reset? Uninstalling and reinstalling zdmc didn't fix it?

9. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Actually now that I think about it further... it maybe was just an uninstall then reinstall of a another version of ZDMC. lol... The ZDMC would just exit the application upon selecting a movie to play for some reason at the time.