No sound with SKY-Q and sound delay with Virgin STB

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Alex Gross, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Alex Gross

Alex Gross New Member

Hi everyone.
    I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or past experience with a loss of sound when a Sky-Q box is connected through the Z9x? - i.e. - I don't get any sound from the Sky-Q box. I tried changing the sounds settings in the Sky-Q from Dolby to 'normal', but still no luck.

I also tried it with a Virgin set-top-box. Here I had sound, however, I noticed a slight delay in sound (around 10ms).
    My Z9x is connected to a new Sony 4k TV with a high-speed HDMI cable that supports HDCP 2.2

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    Alex

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What do you mean "Sky-Q box is connected through the Z9x"?

3. Alex Gross

Alex Gross New Member

I mean the Sky Q is connected to the Z9x HDMI-in port.
    When I try watching TV via the 'HDMI-in' app on the Z9x, I get a picture, but no sound.

4. Markswift2003

That port is designed for PVR recording, not passthrough - you should connect both to the TV on separate HDMI inputs.

5. Alex Gross

Alex Gross New Member

Thank you Mark.
    We designed an app for use by older people and it utilises the passthrough feature of the Z9x (Digital Signage SDK) to allow the user to easily switch between live TV (HDMI-input device) and our App. This worked fine for us on the Z9s, until Sky and Virgin updated their hardware to include HDCP 2.2 measures.
    With the Z9x meeting HDCP 2.2 requirements and access keys, we were under the impression this would solve the issue. However, as noted in my OP, we are still running into problems with Sky and Virgin.

6. Markswift2003

Gotcha - it'll be worth contacting Zidoo about this - I'll PM you an email.

Alex Gross likes this.