No films in poster wall via web interface

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by badboyxx, Jan 25, 2023.

1. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I have used the web interface from time to time to adjust film names or film details. For some time now, no films are displayed in the poster wall when I log in via the web interface.
    The web interface version 101 is used. As far as I know, this should be the current version. It does not work with Firefox and Microsoft Edge. If I try it often, something may be displayed for a short time and then the connection is lost. The device is connected to the internet via a network cable, so it can't be the wifi.

I would like to avoid resetting everything to factory settings. Does anyone know how I can solve the problem?

Attached Files:

2. Szw

Szw Member

is HT on zidoo started ?

3. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I don't know if HT was started. I can take a look tomorrow at the earliest if that makes a difference.

4. Szw

Szw Member

without starting HT on zidoo, in the web interface Poster wall will not be displayed.

badboyxx likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The web interface does not need HT4 running on the box.

6. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I did a test this morning. The movies are only listed in the web interface when HT4 is running. Otherwise I get a blank screen.

@Markswift2003
    Do you know why this behaviour occurs? You wrote that HT4 does not have to be running.

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I can confirm this, however there is a bit of information that was not posted, the Zidoo was powered down ie no power, so you can't access any discs attached, no IP address etc etc..... I just turned mine off and lo and behold no access to the web page nor any of my shares..

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No idea - I get it occasionally, but usually a refresh of the web page fixes it. Could be a network issue. Not sure.

But yeah, there's no need for HT4 to be running for the WebUI to work, but it is rather funky!

A point to note though is that the WebUI is being rewritten at the moment.

Well yes, obviously the box must be on! It's where the web server is :p

But the box being off means no WebUI at all, not just the posters missing.

9. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

"A point to note though is that the WebUI is being rewritten at the moment."

Yeah!