No BD menus & crazy Wi-Fi after reset to default settings

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by nikparf, Dec 28, 2018.

1. nikparf

nikparf New Member

Today I had to reset my Z9S to the factory default settings. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I did it through the grey Zidoo Fast Settings menu. Not through the white Android menu and not through pushing the reset button / little hole on the box.

After this move, menus stopped playing both for 4k and Blu-ray folders.

On top of that, Wi-Fi keeps turning on every time I turn it off. Just a couple of seconds after that. Even after I disabled the geolocation requests for all the apps that were pre-installed on the box. (I didn't install any new apps. Not even Google Play.)

The box has never connected to the Web. So I can't blame this Wi-Fi crazyness on any viruses.

The box is still running on firmware v1.7.8. The same firmware that was installed when I bought it.
    Android version is 7.1.1

What should I do? Please help me cause my wife is already laughing at me.

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Try updating to latest beta firmware and see if that helps

3. nikparf

nikparf New Member

Thank you for reply!
    You see, for me firmware v1.7.8 is great.

I just think Zidoo accidentally erased some software that was installed AFTER factory released the box.

I mean, some internal or external player that played menus through Mediacenter. Do you have any idea where I can download and install something like that?

P.S. I'm not talking about ZDMC. It was not installed on my Zidoo.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As Blenky says, just update to the latest firmware - it fixes a bucket load of issues.

Not that it matters since you should update anyway, but are you sure it's 1.7.8 you're running and not 1.7.7?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    DELUCAS likes this.
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

I suggested the same thing upgrade also .

6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Do you have anything plugged into the USB 3 ports?

Also you should

nikparf likes this.
  7. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I'm having the same problem. No more BD menu. Did you solve the problem?

8. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

GOOD NEWS!

After doing emergency update procedure for the 5th time the BD Menu finally worked! So my advice is insisting on the flashing the Zidoo box until everything works. Apparently a onetime procedure might not solve issues at a first! I thank all members that support me with suggestions.