Newbie 1000 pro owner.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Oldpainless, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Hello everyone.

Got my 1000 pro a few days ago, and I have to say it has completely exceeded my expectations!! and thats coming from using MadVR for the last 4 years!

Couple of questions, and hope some kind soul can assist.

1 - before I go and delete a whole bunch of films, will this unit ever support MKV's with a 7.1 opus audio file? it plays, but its a gargled mess.

2 - is multi channel music files limited to 2 channel output by hardware or software?

Cheers

K

2. muha

muha Active Member

3. Oldpainless

Hey,thanks - will check again this evening and report back.

Thanks!

K

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, the opus format is not recognized by Android, to be confirmed

5. muha

muha Active Member

Instead of auto I have my HDMI audio settings for pass-through set to RAW, and it works great with my AVR, especially with DTS (96/24).

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I have mine set to Raw, always have. I play all my music via USB through to an external DAC

7. Oldpainless

Thanks all - will check all the suggested settings this eve,

8. muha

muha Active Member

Playing via USB through external DAC is what @Nice Monkey and @rozel have experience with.

@rozel just realized that this is your post :D

rozel likes this.
  9. Oldpainless

Came across this, just in case other ask:

Can Android Play Opus files?

According to the Supported Media Formats page Opus is supported natively since Android 5.0, but only in the Matroska (. mkv) container. The Xiph.org wiki and IETF draft state that the mime-type for Ogg Opus files is audio/ogg.