New Zidoo X9s updated then failed

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by rdc500, Apr 21, 2017.

1. rdc500

rdc500 New Member

Brand new Zidoo x9s I plugged it in setup the wireless and it stated it needed to update so I updated it, now it says No Signal. Not a good way to start. Any Help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Ron

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

3. rdc500

rdc500 New Member

Ok thanks I will try that, It makes me a little unsure about the product, if one of my customers had this problem I would probably lose the sale and a customer. Thanks for the help.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i have this box from first day it came out, did not have any problems with updates, and i did allot of updates, if you still can't update after reflash, return for warranty.

5. rdc500

rdc500 New Member

OK well I tried four times, followed the directions to a tee and nothing. I did get the Zidoo logo on the screen after about 10 minutes I shut it off and tried again, again and again. I did get a message on the Zidoo Up-- and nothing. Also I unzipped the disk image and it was named install-X9S-usb-v1.2.7, and as per the instructions I renamed it to install.img. I tried it both was with no success. I understand things happen, but if I sold this to a customer I would loose that customer for ever. Now what do I do now?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

wait more, a flash can take some tine, wait 20-30 minutes, if still no luck, warranty !

7. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

8. rdc500

rdc500 New Member

HaoSs I've been a computer engineer for 15 years, no offensive I know I formatted to Fat32. I tried another thumb drive and the same thing, it either has a bug in the system or a bad unit. I hate it but warranty!
    Thanks
    Ron