New Zidoo user - trouble setting up extra features for Home Theater

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Michael Wright, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Michael Wright

Michael Wright New Member

I'm a newbie, so go easy on me. I just started loading a hard drive with ripped BDs and DVDs, while following a guide, but things haven't worked out well yet in my testing. Could someone give me instructions on how to handle special features from a dvd or blu ray?

My main attempt has been to include a folder called "Extras" alongside the main movie file. Within the Extras folder, I loaded up the disc special features plus a file called ".nomedia.". My understanding was that the .nomedia. file should have prevented Home Theater from scanning that folder, but I still ended up with a mess of additional posters loaded...

I'm confused. Any help you can provide (or just point to where I can find a better guide), is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'd use the naming convention detailed in the attached pdf.

So for example if you have a movie and two "extra" files, they would reside in the same directory and I would name them:

MovieName.(1#Main Movie).mkv
    MovieName.(2#Extras 1).mkv
    MovieName.(3#Extras 2).mkv

Just be careful not to use the words "Trailer" or "Demo" in the titles since these are safe words and would be ignored by the scraper.

Never heard of the ".nomedia." thing.

Attached Files:

3. Michael Wright

Thanks for the quick reply. Should the following work?

A_LITTLE_BIT_ZOMBIE_(2012).(1#Main Movie).SD.Dolby.5.1.mkv
    A_LITTLE_BIT_ZOMBIE_(2012).(2#Gag Reel).mkv
    A_LITTLE_BIT_ZOMBIE_(2012).(3#Making Of).mkv
    A_LITTLE_BIT_ZOMBIE_(2012).(4#Meet The Cast - Crystal Lowe).mkv
    A_LITTLE_BIT_ZOMBIE_(2012).(5#Meet The Cast - Shawn Roberts).mkv

etc...
    All of the above in a single folder called A Little Bit Zombie (2012)

Thanks again.

4. muha

muha Active Member

Would hidden folder be scanned? If you put prefix (.foldername) it won't be scanned, or there is a setting option not to scan... sorry not at home right now.

5. Markswift2003

Yes, that looks fine - I'd lose the underscores and bear in mind that (hopefully) next week, MediaInfo will be introduced into the scraper engine, so suffixes like "SD" and "Dolby.5.1" won't be needed anymore.

6. Michael Wright

Thanks. I do a test shortly and confirm it works as desired.

Also, is there a way to turn off Subtitles by default? I have to switch them off every time I start playback of a file.

7. Markswift2003

It's not immediately obvious I must say, but go to Settings/Playback/Default Language/Subtitle and set to <Off>

Screenshot_20210904-172202.png

8. Michael Wright

Thank you so much Markswift2003. Your tips have worked great.

Now I'm looking forward to exploring further (and renaming all of my files).

muha and Markswift2003 like this.