New Z9S and New user. Firmware release question

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by James Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. James Foster

James Foster New Member

I am new to zidoo. I got the new Z9S and love it so far. My unit says that the version is 1.7.8 and is up to date. People are talking about version 2.1.40. What am I missing here. Also for the life of me I cannot figure out how to edit the database to fix the movie wall errors.

2. Mike Green

Mike Green New Member

I had same problem. The only way I could get V2.1.40 was to download the zip file onto a USB from my PC, and then move the USB to the Zidoo. Then I did a USB update. Worked like a charm.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The online check only looks for "release" firmware, but really in the world of media players, there really is no such thing as release firmware - it's always in beta - which is not a bad thing - just means it's always in development.

So keep an eye on the these forums and as Mike says above, just grab the latest, stick it on a USB stick an upload via the menu.

4. James Foster

James Foster New Member

What about updating the movie wall data?

5. Markswift2003

You can either manage it through a web browser (http://<ip_address>:9528) or on screen.

On screen, highlight the item it's got wrong and press <popup menu> and you'll see the options to change image, rematch etc.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  6. James Foster

James Foster New Member

I am a forty year computer professional but I can't figure out how to save the information I change. I use the browser, do a movie match, change to the correct movie, click the Chinese writing at the bottom of the browser, it says saved but when I go back nothing has changed. I have tried keying it all by hand but nothing stays changed. Can anyone give me a clue here.

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

James - the web interface is a bit flaky! Depends what info you are trying to update. Some of it works but some parts say its saved but it hasn't. Report it via email to the support team at service@zidoo.tv - they are pretty responsive.

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I find it easier to download the update to my PC, then copy to a drive that the Zidoo has access to. Then using Media Center I browse to the file and install that way. Don't need to bother with USB stick.

9. Markswift2003

Sounds like you're still on the older firmware there which is extremely flakey with HT2. If so, update to v2.1.40 and you should find it a lot more intuitive. A lot of improvements have been made.

10. James Foster

James Foster New Member

I did download the update to a USB stick. But when I try the update on the Z9S I can’t figure you how to update it. I navigate to the folder by executing the update app and it does nothing. Please Advise.

11. Markswift2003

Yep, basically that's it - either use the upgrade app or go Quick Settings\Other\Upgrade\Update and choose USB Update and from there navigate to where the zip file is - either on USB or a network location - and select the zip file.

Zidoo's instructions are here:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/...e_faq/CN6lY0XMyIg=/faq_page/9nCdOWqz+dw=.html

They relate to the X9S and shows an old firmware version so the screens look different, but it's the same process.

12. James Foster

James Foster New Member

Can you tell me which URL you use to get the download. I see more than one. The one I used downloaded it and unziped the file as well. That did not seem to do anything in the update. Is a zipped version of the file required?

13. Markswift2003

14. James Foster

James Foster New Member

Worked perfectly. Thanks.