New Z2000 Pro file copying problems

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Bartonfields, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Bartonfields

Bartonfields New Member

Hi All, hope someone can help, I don’t seem to be able to get anything bigger than 4GB copied to the internal drive.

I have a new z2000 pro and I’m new to media players in general having been a physical media kinda guy, but bought this to play demo clips and back up my UHD/Blu-ray collection.

I have installed a WD red 6TB drive, formatted by the z2000. I have a Toshiba 2TB USB 3 (ExFat) drive for transferring files from my MacBook where I rip using MakeMKV.

But when transferring from the Toshiba to the 6TB internal, it fails every time when it has transferred about 4GB, regardless of the file.

My next step was to try transferring over SMB, but it seems really flaky in terms of connection, I got it connected initially, but now I cannot see the internal drive on the Zidoo at all from my Mac.

Also, just as an aside, I deleted some clips off the 6TB drive using the Zidoo UI, but noticed that they were still there where I was exploring the disc via SMB? Very Odd.

All the clips on the 6TB drive play fine on the zidoo without problem.

Next step was to buy a hard drive dock and transfer direct from my Mac. Or should I try reformatting the 6TB drive first?

Any thoughts?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You haven't formatted the drive to a 2TB partition in FAT32 have you? That would explain a 4GB limit.

(FAT32 has a 2TB partition size limit and 4GB file size limit)

Bartonfields likes this.
  3. Bartonfields

Bartonfields New Member

Thanks for your reply, there didn’t appear to be many options when formatting the drive in the Zidoo and I don’t recall which option I chose. That would make sense though if I did chose FAT32. Is there an easy way to check, or is it best just to reformat anyway?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Must admit I'm not sure how easy it is to check while it's in the Zidoo, but personally I would reformat in a PC then move it back to the Zidoo.

geebolt likes this.
  5. Bartonfields

Bartonfields New Member

Yep, that was it… I don’t use a PC so I got myself a hard drive dock and downloaded Tuxera for Mac, reformatted it and all appears to be working as it should. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

xskip and Markswift2003 like this.