New with a A6 - some questions regarding Internetradio, covers, UPnP

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by cege, Apr 23, 2024.

1. cege

cege New Member

Hi there,

I just bought the A6 and trying some things in comparism with an EVO150 (Cambridge).
    Since the EVO is very limited with the configuration and local file handling, I was curious about the flexibility of an Android based device like the Eversolo.

In that regard, I recognised that the display of the A6 is not showing the artist and title info within the internet radio app. It's also not fetching cover information from the actual title, which I got used from my car entertainment system. Are there plans for introducing such features in the future or did I miss something in the settings?

I'm also wondering that after scanning a folder for music, it produces nice images from the artists, but it's not fetching the cover images for the titles (similar to Internetradio) if not embedded.

My 3rd question is going in the direction of having the A6 acting as a UPnP-Server while running. If I would copy my entire music from my NAS onto a A6 internal SSD, I could also access from other devices.
    I installed BubblePnP for that purpose, which is possible, but it fails getting access to the music files on the A6.
    Any ideas here? Background is the fact, that I don't have my NAS running 24/7 anymore since it consumes too much energy.

Thanks in advance,
    Carsten

2. billymac

billymac New Member

I can help answer your second question. I've had mine for about 5 days now. I have a M.2 SSD arriving today, but currently am serving up some NAS shares to the A6. The only way you're going to get cover art for the library files is if it's in the tags, or you have a "cover.jpg" in the album directory.

I've been playing with Picard to do this with some of my files. Fair warning though, if you go down that path, make sure you test with small backup copies and in batches. Changes are permanent.

Here was my post last week:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/library-questions-help-needed.98228/

3. cege

cege New Member

@billymac - as always, if you know another option (like in my car entertainment system (Audi from 2017!), where missing covers gets automatically loaded from Gracenote), then you would like to have it

For most of the music in my library I have tags as well as covers, the issue was brought into my attention, because I just have a bunch of test files, which I'm using checking new audio equipment.... and they are missing the album cover, because they got picked from folders... anyway... No. 2 it's not a big issue.

The one, I was really hoping for (No. 3) due to the fact, it's an Android device, that allows 3rd party software being installed. So I hoped to setup the A6 also as server for music.

4. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

The album artwork for music stored on a NAS, external drive or SSD installed within the DMP-A6 can easily be accessed by the DMP-A6 if the artwork picture is in .jpg or .png format and is stored in the same folder as the music.
    There is no specific naming convention required. Just scan or download your cover artwork and store it in the same folder as the music files. They do not have to be embedded.
    From what I understand you can link your artwork to a separate folder but I haven't tried this, opting for the simpler approach as I have described above.

5. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

The album artwork for music stored on a NAS, external drive or SSD installed within the DMP-A6 can easily be accessed by the DMP-A6 if the artwork picture is in .jpg or .png format and is stored in the same folder as the music.
    There is no specific naming convention required. Just scan or download your cover artwork and store it in the same folder as the music files. They do not have to be embedded.
    From what I understand you can link your artwork to a separate folder but I haven't tried this, opting for the simpler approach as I have described above.

screenshot1.jpg screenshot2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024 at 3:06 AM