Library questions - help needed

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by billymac, Apr 19, 2024.

1. billymac

billymac New Member

Does the software go find cover art if it's not available locally within the album's folder? I thought it did. If so, how long does it take? Can you force it? How do you know it's working in the background?

I'm trying to navigate my way down the rabbit hole through the forums and other sites, but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. I've only had my DMP-A6ME for a day and so far really enjoying it.

I've been able to connect to my local NAS music library. It's kind of a mess, but there's about ~40% that's tagged, but most of it doesn't have cover art.

I didn't want to get in over my head so I simply added a music folder that has a particular mainstream artist's entire collection, sorted by album subfolders--roughly 30 albums. Tracks are properly named, but again, no cover art. It scans successfully, I can play all tracks fine, but it's been about 4 or 5 hours and I've only got an artist picture. Not a single album cover. Am I incorrect in assuming the software is supposed to go "try" to pull cover art online?

I'm trying to avoid having to go down the whole 3rd party tagging route if I can help it--a whole new rabbit hole. I simply don't have the time. If I can find an easy process though that is reliable, maybe I can chip away at it for albums I want to either copy to the internal M.2 or stream from NAS.

Again, I know I need to keep reading, but hoping someone can provide some answers and further guidance.

thanks!

2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Try this: (play around with these settings. I don’t know for sure how much it can get from online databases)

1:
    IMG_0419.jpeg

2:
    IMG_0418.jpeg

3:
    IMG_0417.jpeg

3. billymac

billymac New Member

Thank you for the reply. Really appreciate it. I tried your suggestion and no luck--unless it takes a really long time or the process is not tied to the scan/rebuild/update process.

Seems odd it's populating the artist, but not the album cover art.

Anything else I could try, or this simply a limitation of the current software? How about a manual process where I could slowly add specific albums in a batches where I've somehow updated either meta data or added cover art to the folders?

4. Bergholdt

Artist art can be added manually (on the A8/A6 screen) by holding your finger on the artist that has a missing photo) and this menu shows up.

IMG_0420.jpeg

And album art has to be a jpg file in the folder that has the tracks for that album. With only one jpg in the folder, it does not matter what the name of the file is. My ripping software luckily had album art for most of my CDs.

IMG_0422.jpeg

5. Bergholdt

6. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I find on my A6 standard that it adds artist pictures to the Library all by itself, but album cover art is whatever I give it I.e, I have to include the cover art as a file in each album folder. If you don't have such images to hand from your ripper process, a good way to get them is via Musicbrainz. Search your artist first, then select the individual album, you should see the album cover top right if the database has it. A longpress on the image gives an option to download. Ensure the image is not too big, resize if necessary to 500x500 say as a jpeg. On your A6, you can just add the image file to the album folder under Files. Update your Library and all should be well.

billymac likes this.
  7. billymac

billymac New Member

Thanks a ton Bergholdt. I appreciate you taking the time. I haven't touched my NAS music collection in a VERY long time. I didn't think I'd be interested in even messing with it when I bought the A6, but now that it's here, there are numerous artists/albums, I'd like to have available through the same interface. I guess I'll just have to plug away at it over time. Thanks again for the assist.

8. Bergholdt