New Purchase!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by JtagPabb1e, Mar 4, 2024.

1. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

My denon does not have XLR unfortunatly but it will be replaced with a dedicated processor in time so i can use the XLR. I could run the phonos under the door but i would need to chizzle a pathway, its a ball ache but i could then get my interconnects down to 4m's.

I did think about it being on top of the rack but it would look out of place.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

:)
    time to buy a new, taller rack, uh...?

JtagPabb1e likes this.
  3. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

Even thought of that but i just dont have the room because of my speaker heights. My room is only 13 x 11 :(

Ive moved the unit onto my rack, maybe i can buy a fancy small isolation platform for it to sit on. My rack is 15U a 19U would be good to keep it below my dado rail if anyone can locate a decent one, im in the UK, ideas anyone...... I dont like wires showing but they are minimal, see pics.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    Nutul likes this.
  4. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

I decided to get some phono cables and an hdmi. I have now set them up and they sound and work great. Only tested internet radio, i need to buy an ssd probably 2tb, seen the evo 970 for £95.00.

Update: setup and tested a flac cd using the samba transfer and its awesome. I learn something new everyday.

_Richard_ likes this.
  5. Trebz

Trebz New Member

Interesting video with sound demo from a co-owner of a speaker manufacturer comparing the regular DMP-A6 vs the Master Edition.
    Edit: I forgot to mention this is just the streamer comparison as he is using an external DAC.

uncola, _Richard_ and JtagPabb1e like this.
  6. Trebz

Trebz New Member

When listening with headphones, can you hear the difference in the audio in the YouTube video?

7. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

I´m an advocate that there is a suttle difference in the sound character between the SE and the ME in the anlog output section, but to be meaningful and unbiased, a test like this has to be done blind, otherwise we could hear a difference because our brain want´s us to hear a difference. When connecting an external DAC via USB to the SE and ME, the more precise FEMTO-Clocks and a the couple of bucks more expensive OP-Amps 1612 are not utilized and this raises a doubt in my mind that there is a distinct sonic difference, to be honest.

Nutul and octavius like this.
  8. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

Sorry i dont use headphones.

9. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/post/eversolo-dmp-a-6-versus-eversolo-dmp-a-6-gold
    Keith
    I can bang on all day long ( and freq do) about measurements but no-one is convinced until they actually conduct level matched and unsighted comparisons for themselves.
    It is a revelation and then allows you to spend the time/effort and cash on aspects of the system which actually will bring tangible improvements in sound quality.
    Which is always loudspeakers and their interaction with the room.
    Keith

10. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

A decent measuring headphone amp and good headphones can get you there as well.

11. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Yes as long as you can switch instantly between inputs.
    Keith

12. Trebz

Trebz New Member

For sure I could hear a difference when he switched so there seems to be something audible on the streamer side if the video is to be believed. I have the regular A6 and I wouldn’t spend the money to upgrade, so I don’t have a horse in the game.

13. Inti

Inti Active Member

There’s is a difference between A6/A6 Master sound go and listen for yourself at a HiFi store and if you can’t hear the difference bye the A6 you ears is the best SQ Tool or you can buy on at Amazon and return it with out any problems and get your money back

Desmodromic likes this.
  14. BarHan

BarHan New Member

Perhaps better than viewing and/or reading the opinion of (often?) "paid influencers".

Inti likes this.
  15. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

How do i stop it from auto scanning in the library? i have transferred my music over to a 4tb ssd but the scanning seems to be on an endless loop, it scans to 100% then starts again, in the manual it shows an "X" to signify i can stop the scan but that "X" is not there. Thanks.

Attached Files:

16. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Turn off the automatic updating of sources setting.

JtagPabb1e likes this.
  17. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

Thanks, i have now turned it off. Why does it not stop at 100%? surely it would have already found newly added stuff.

18. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

It's been this way since the launch of the A6. I think it wants to always scan just in case something has altered, rather than being alerted to an actual change and acting on it once. I turned it off the first day of operation, it means if you add new stuff to your Library you will need to manually update the library, not an issue really.

JtagPabb1e likes this.
  19. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

Thanks for the clarification, with only owning it a couple of weeks and spotted it today, im just glad its not a fault ;)

20. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

Update: I upgraded my rack today and my DMP-A6 is now were it should be. Bought much shorter length cables aswell from 10m to 1.5m. Ive placed it towards the back just so it keeps most of the cables out of sight.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    Gil Fuhrer and Nutul like this.