New Purchase!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by JtagPabb1e, Mar 4, 2024.

1. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

Ive finally decided today to buy the Eversolo DMP-A6 Master Edition.

I know its £440 more than the standard edition but been reading reviews and watching videos on it for a few days and the ME seems to win every time. Ive never had a Streamer before and im really looking forward to adding it as a nice addition to my home theater :)

2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

It doesn’t sound any different to the standard version but if you like the gold accents.
    Keith

octavius and Nutul like this.
  3. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Congratulation! Have fun with it and enjoy the music!

JtagPabb1e likes this.
  4. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

Im sure i will find out with my own ears but i do like gold as my decor is black and gold so it will fit right in.

_Richard_ and Inti like this.
  5. Purité Audio

To ‘find out’ you would need both the standard and master versions and compare them unsighted but if it goes with your decor.
    Keith

octavius likes this.
  6. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Go for it, you will love it. That's the only thing that matters.

Inti and JtagPabb1e like this.
  7. Trebz

Trebz New Member

Enjoy. You bought a great device!

_Richard_ and JtagPabb1e like this.
  8. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Ignore the spoilers!

_Richard_ likes this.
  9. Purité Audio

Spoiled by telling the truth, what an odd world this has become.
    Keith

10. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

The truth, i believe, is always in the eye of the beholder. And of course, the truth always changes, to the extent that the facts on the basis of which one is trying to find out something, change. I haven´t seen any measurements yet. What if the Master Edition measures so inferior, or so superior that it is in the audible range? Then, the truth you are claiming now suddenly becomes just an opinion.

11. Purité Audio

octavius, RolandG and Nutul like this.
  12. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

13. Purité Audio

Which exactly proves my point.
    Keith

14. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Now that´s what i call twisted logic.
    So what you are saying is, that the non-existence of measurements for the Master Edition proves that the Standard and Master Edition measure/sound the same?

Trebz, Inti, JtagPabb1e and 1 other person like this.
  15. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

You’re wasting your time, his heads up his…

_Richard_ likes this.
  16. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

My unit arrived today :) Got it powered up and firmware flashed. Network connected also, Ive fitted trunking ready for my phono cables but need to buy them next. Im looking at the "Van Damme Rean Gold RCA Phono Cables" My denon sits to the left a couple of meters but a door is in the way so i need to go round it. Length i will need is 9 or 10m.

The screen is very responsive, better than i thought. The shop i bought it from gave me a 5 year warranty also which is awesome :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    Inti, Gil Fuhrer and _Richard_ like this.
  17. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Can't you move the Denon closer to the A6?

18. JtagPabb1e

JtagPabb1e New Member

I cant because its in an AV rack with all my other gear thats why i had to put that unit up fot it. Just no space as i just ordered x2 7 channel power amps.

Attached Files:

19. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Does your Denon have XLR in, which is better for long cable runs? You could also take HDMI into consideration, which would give you a multichannel option.

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

That can be done, of course (although I never run my interconnects, of any kind, for more than 40cm...), but it's going to be a source for noise...
    Maybe you can go the balaced (XLR) way? This will at least assure self-rejection of RF noise.

Anyway, I'd move the A6 on top of the rack, if I were you.

EDIT:
    the downward reflections of the left speaker are more accentuated than those of the right one, with the rack being right below it... this will probably keep some of the lows not reaching your ears with the same intensity.
    Also the left wall is very close to the left-firing mid-woofer of the same speaker, this will enhance the left "boom" but will mess a bit the cross-talk.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    _Richard_ likes this.