New firmware v2.1.40 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by McBluna, Jun 11, 2020.

1. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  2. Jeroni

Jeroni New Member

Discharged
    Nombre: ZIDOO_X9S-v2.1.40-202006102118-ota.zip
    CRC-32: fa4d0ac3
    MD4: f136f9c85ddc611769c61e5d46e4907f
    MD5: ddfe97270c73526761bb306e9e83c12a
    SHA-1: fb5ee6b40b89eddcc112d17afccb4ae21e82f4fa

Discharged
    We will check to see if really so many improvements, are really improvements ...

3. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

Because the feature request thread is closed and I cannot find an answer to my question I ask it here;

Is there a way to let the Zidoo transcode DTS and DTS-HD audio to Dolby Digital 5.1? I know there is a possibility to transcode from Dolby TrueHD to Dolby Digital 5.1 but from DTS would be a blessing for all Sonos users.

Furthermore I am aware of ZDMC which is capable of doing this but the picture quality is less and there are also difficulties with micro stutters. Second problem is that a lot of Blu-Ray-rips, which are ripped to an iso or BDMV-folder, cannot be opened under ZDMC which open fluently in Home Theater 3.0

4. icsi

icsi New Member

Somebody did upgrade to this?

5. Miguel Freitas

Miguel Freitas New Member

I´m still waiting for feedback for upgrading.

6. I did upgrade. I like it a lot. Many changes in home theater. Unsure about the rest.

Miguel Freitas likes this.
  7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Not sure when this went official OTA , but powered on today and there it was. Was already on this firmware though. Wonder why it is prompting. X9S

8. icsi

icsi New Member

With this update there is no black on my TV anymore. Everything is set to hdmi full RGB, if i set it to limited, it gets worse... :-(

9. tosh123

tosh123 Member

Are you talking about UHD movies or all sources. For UHD movies, since 2.1.30 there is an error in the hdr to sdr mapping wich leads to a greyed, washed out picture.

10. icsi

icsi New Member

All content. Before update it worked fine, if a set the RGB to limited, it gets worse.... :-(

11. tosh123

tosh123 Member

OK, so the last working was still 2.1.28. For TV's setting to limited should always work fine. Full RGB is for some kind of monitors only. To bad that Zidoo had some new gears and don't do anything to remove the errors from old boxes.