RELEASE New firmware v1.0.3.6 for ZIDOO X9 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by mirror, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Dokter Tekno likes this.
  2. Dokter Tekno

Dokter Tekno New Member

3. papirus

papirus Member

at the end.

Thanks...:)

4. papiguy

papiguy Member

Downloaded and installed without problem, thanks.

Now, as far as I am concerned, the two main questions to be looked after are:
    - an issue : management of the buffering (time-out or space allocation for buffering) while reading HD video files with KODI.
    - an improvement: modification of the app "Movie Studio" to allow editing of recorded files, or addition of a simple video editor within "Recorder".

As soon as these two questions will be settled, I will buy at least another X9 !

Do not forget:
    - modification of the display time for the recording window (or let it close only by a press on the return button of the remote).
    - adding a "pause" function for recording.
    - correction of the hour 12/24 setting on the front clock.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  5. hieuhien.vn

hieuhien.vn Member Beta test group

Another request from our customers that make another Launcher with navigation bar on the bottom same as X1 for X9, when? It'll make easy to using X9 with wireless mouse or air mouse because more application not compatible with the IR remote so they need using mouse. You'll feel more comfortable if you can using mouse to do anything instead of using both of them (mouse and IR remote).

6. papiguy

papiguy Member

You are right Hieuhien.vn,
    But the most comfortable use of X9 is with a Bluetooth keyboard (for example with Kodi), but for some other apps the mouse is necessary (I tested a keyboard and a mouse). If you wish to cover all cases, a keyboard, a mouse and the remote are necessary. Buying correct keyboard and mouse nearly costs the price of the X9....

7. shahinstarz

shahinstarz New Member

Please Addition persian font In Release and Support Usb connection External Blu-ray or DVD drive

8. papiguy

papiguy Member

Keep in mind that every device connected to any other one with USB, increases the power which is needed, and thus the temperature. I am not sure that Zidoo X9, which is self cooled, is able to accept such a connection without further damage. However, provided the connected device are self powered, there should not be any reason against.

(This does not relieve the Development Team to add Persian font)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  9. shahinstarz

shahinstarz New Member

According to the official of the Persian language in Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan and mastered it as a second language speakers of other languages and large number of Persian speaking world can be estimated at around 110 million tonnes.Please Addition persian font In Release

10. papiguy

papiguy Member

Thanks shahinstarz for this information I had before, having Iranians in my family and among my best friends (The Iranian "diaspora" in western countries is important). You probably misunderstood my answer as I pointed out that the question of Persian font was not to be forgotten. :)

shahinstarz likes this.
  11. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Thank your feedback!
    We'll follow the issues.
    This one is not clear:
    - correction of the hour 12/24 setting on the front clock
    There have wrong diskplay? can you give a example?

12. papiguy

papiguy Member

Right, the display is always the same, whatever you change in the "settings" (If the display is 13 hour, and that you wish to have 1 pm, go to settings/system/date & time, then unselect "use 24 h ...". And the display on the front clock does not change. I guess there are not enough leds to display correctly 12 h time.

13. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

OK,I know.You are right,there are not enough leds. it can't display M or some complicated letters at all. sorry.

14. papiguy

papiguy Member

Then there are two solutions
    - remove this feature in the settings to avoid further questions (or better hide it).
    - modify the system in order to have a simple display 01:00 instead of 01:00 pm

hieuhien.vn likes this.
  15. hieuhien.vn

This good idea!
    And I hope X9 will have another Launcher soon to feeling comfortable when using mouse or air mouse without IR remote :)

16. bovoro

bovoro Member

yes, i need a better launcher for use with mouse and keyboard, coz right now im using my zidoo as PC hehehehe ,plz , cˋmon, minix is more open on their system modification

hieuhien.vn likes this.
  17. don_bidyre

don_bidyre New Member

Just updated (sorry I'm late :).

I like the changes to HDMI-IN startup, but I'm still seeing the PIP stretched down so that the bottom half of the screen is out of frame.

18. hieuhien.vn

Hi, about the Launcher of Zidoo X9, I think you should create an icon shortcut for KODI like other launcher :) Because KODI is a popular application now so more people need open it quickly. And I also hope that X9 will have another launcher soon with Status bar on the bottom, easy to control by wireless mouse or air mouse instead of IR remote.

19. don_bidyre

don_bidyre New Member

Not sure if it is related to this release, or coincidence, but since upgrading I have been unable to complete an average film length recording using HD/TS format without the picture freezing at some point & the recording only containing sound from that point on.
    This happens at random points during repeated attempts to record the same material, so it's not related to duration or the material itself. HD/MP4 seems to be working ok.
    Any thoughts on this?