Network Shares and Zidoo X8-X9s-X10

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by B.A. Derks, Sep 16, 2017.

1. videobruce

videobruce Member

Maybe I should I ask, exactly how do I access it? Typing just the IP address isn't enough. I type 192.168.1.14 (Zidoo's IP address), it just brings me to the login page of OpenWrt.

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I said use the windows explorer... You know the thing you use to browse your file... In the network you will have openwrt like your NAS....

3. videobruce

videobruce Member

I have tried both. Explorer doesn't even find the device. FF at least finds the device even thou it's just OpenWrt.

I typed \\zidoox10\dev\sda1 (the name I gave it) and I also tried \\zidoo\mmt\sda1 (I think it was mmt or whatever the mounted path was), I also tried just \\zidoox10, but all failed.

4. Sarco

Try \\192.168.1.14

5. videobruce

videobruce Member

That didn't work, I tried that first.
    Anyway, I never used the 'add network place' routine. I tried this method and it worked. When I accessed my other PC's (Tower & 3 Laptops) all I had to do is type in "\\(PC name)" and it showed in Explorer. But those were all M$ based unlike this.

Adding network location.png Network location added.png

6. videobruce

videobruce Member

When I searched for this problem all the 'hits' I got related to problems accessing the PC from the Media Box, not the other way around. That problem I didn't have which amazed me since I really didn't do anything, other than name the box and check Samba & NAS under Settings in the X10. o_O

But, thanks for the replies.

7. Sarco

I do not have any problem in windows 10 maybe windows 7 is different. Android do not have hostname by default, it doesn't have netbios like windows so it will not register on your router. To workaround you can add in ./system/ build.prop at the end the line net.hostname=YOURNAME with a blank line under. Of course your device must be root to add the line.

8. videobruce

videobruce Member

It's all fine now. It was just I was going about it the wrong way. :(

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Can anybody tell me how to configure the OpenWRT SMB server so that it also works with SMBv1 as implemented by Egreat/Dinobot/Himedia (all SDK of Hisillicon based)?
    These work fine with W10 after enabling SMBv1 Server but not with Zidoo OpenWRT. I can see the server, get access to the mounts but the Root (..) stays empty.

[global]
    netbios name = |NAME|
    interfaces = |INTERFACES|
    server string = |DESCRIPTION|
    unix charset = |CHARSET|
    workgroup = |WORKGROUP|
    browseable = yes
    deadtime = 30
    encrypt passwords = yes
    enable core files = no
    guest account = nobody
    guest ok = yes
    invalid users = root
    local master = yes
    load printers = no
    map to guest = Bad User
    min receivefile size = 16384
    obey pam restrictions = yes
    os level = |OSLEVEL|
    passdb backend = smbpasswd
    preferred master = yes
    printable = no
    inherit owner = yes
    create mask = 0777
    directory mask = 0777
    force create mode = 0777
    force directory mode = 0777
    security = user
    smb encrypt = disabled
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    syslog = 2
    use sendfile = yes
    max xmit = 65535
    max connections = 8
    dns proxy = no
    writeable = yes
    vfs objects = posixacl
    aio read size = 0
    aio write size = 0
    strict allocate = yes

Tried min protocol and max protocol parameters (e.g. NT1) but can make it only worse with these (no access). I think it is something else?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  10. Lenreoxy

Lenreoxy New Member

Disney Channel: I was never really interested in it but I avoided the channel altogether ever since animation isnt the main focus anymore.

Cartoon Network: I used to watch a lot of the classic older shows Powerup Girls, Dexter, but none now.

Nickeldoen: It used to be my favorite channel but now it sucks.