Need help with optimal Z9X settings for LG C1

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Kaiduss, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Kaiduss

Kaiduss New Member

I recently purchased Z9X for media playback off external hard drive for my LG C1. I need help with the device display configuration so I get the best possible experience. Obviously I would like to fully use the TV's abilities.
    Current software version: v6.3.42 - assuming it's the correct one or should I manually download an update onto a hard drive?
    Display settings:
    1. HDMI Mode

Lock resolution: off
    Auto(3840x2160P 60 Hz)
    2. Colour settings
    4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Non 4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    HDMI Range: 16-235
    Deep Colour compatibility mode: On (Deep Colour is switched on for this HDMI port in TV settings)
    HDMI signal format: Enhanced format
    3. HDR to SDR - guessing these don't matter as I'm not downscaling HDR to SDR?
    Gamma: Bright
    Parameter: didn't touch this (all parameters 32 default)
    4. HDR - this is the important one - which setting should I pick for my TV?
    Currently Auto
    5. Dolby Vision compatible mode
    Priority LLDV (Player Led) - is this right or should it be Priority standard DV (TV Led)?
    6. MaxCLL and MaxFALL
    Enabled
    7. Custom EDID
    Disabled

Currently the menus are in Dolby Vision, SDR content is displayed with Dolby Vision (VS10 appears in the top left at the start) and the 4K HDR content is displayed in HDR.

How does it work exactly? Is the 1080p SDR content displayed in 4K with Dolby Vision like the player shows? Dolby Vision signal passes through to the TV and I get the pop up in the right top corner. Usually I don't want to tamper with the content I watch, never bothered with upscaling. Are there any downsides for that? Playing SDR content with Dolby Vision seems too good to be true so I'm just making sure.

TIA

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Might be handy if someone posted something like a "Recommended Settings..." thread.

3. Markus2121

Markus2121 New Member

i don't mean to speak for the @Markswift2003 here, but here is his recommendations, which I think would apply to you too? and some of your settings match his already, Kaiduss:

Ok for some reason I cannot post the link, i get hit with "you are trying to spam forum"; --> recommended-settings-and-other-useful-stuff-for-rtd1619-players-naming-file-updated-jan-22.82695/