Need help in setting Zidoo UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by dxer, Jan 15, 2023.

1. dxer

dxer New Member

Hi to all

I am still newbie regarding Zidoo UHD 3000 player , coming from Zappiti.
    I have some issues so hopefuly this is only related to proper setting.
    Zappiti didn't have so much options so Zidoo options are confusing for me.
    I hope you guys can help me set this properly.

Unlike previous player Zappiti who was connected to Denon AVR-X1600H and Denon was then passing through 4K signal to my LG OLED55C9PLA TV, Zidoo is connected from main HDMI to TV and secondary HDMI (audio only) is connected to Denon. So I disabled passing through on Denon.

Anyways, I am not sure how to configure setting on Zidoo for best performance with this TV and this audio receiver.

First of all there are always these NO SIGNAL notification on TV when it is switching whatever is switching to.
    I don't understand what is actually going on here.

1. Many times I switch ON Zidoo , not switching ON Denon, and can't get picture on TV, only this NO SIGNAL thing. then I must switch ON Denon, for just a moment to get signal from zidoo on TV. I can then switch OFF Denon and signal on TV is fine. Not sure why is this happening and how can I fix that ?

2. Too much switching and NO SIGNAL waiting on TV.
    Based on my LG OLED55C9PLA TV , is there anything I need to change of these current setting ?
    Maybe I need to change setting on TV options ?

Current setting on Zidoo:

- Match frame rate only
    - Lock resolution 3840x2160P 23Hz
    - 4K 50~60 Hz >> PriorityYUV420 10BIT
    - 4K 23~30 Hz >> PriorityYUV444 10BIT
    - Non 4K >> PriorityYUV444 8BIT
    - HDMI color range >> 16-255
    - Deep colour >> Open
    - HDMI signal >> Enhanced format
    - Display HDR to SDR Gamma >> Bright
    - Display HDR >> Auto
    - Screen ratio Display mode >> Compression
    - HDCP >> OFF

3. Everytime and only one time during watching movie/series it happens that audio switched off for a second or two. Like I said, everytime on every file. What could be the problem ?

4. Zappiti had this nice feature where soundtrack was playing on movie/series poster. I see in Zidoo setting for media wall there is this option but not sure why is this soundtrack is not playing ? Or do I need to find it and download it ? Can it be done automatically somehow ?

5. Any chance for movie poster background to be video, not only background picture ?

Thanks for your help !

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

1 - My advice is to go back to the way you were doing it before - Zidoo > Denon > TV.

When you split the signal like that, without some form of EDID management you're asking for trouble because the Zidoo can only see the EDID for the TV and is only aware of the Denon EDID when the Denon is switched on.

2 - Not really sure what you mean here but your settings look fine except for Screen Ratio - why are you using that? Also HDR to SDR Gamma is irrelevant - it's only applicable to Realtek HDR>SDR conversion.

3. HDMI resync I assume, presumably all your content is HDR so it resyncs on HDR mode change.

4. You can autoplay either a soundtrack or a trailer but not both. You need to add the soundtrack file. (Help is shown in the interface - use mp3/wav/flac "MovieName-soundtrack.ext")

Screenshot_20230115-102007.png

5. Other than a trailer, no.

dxer likes this.
  3. dxer

dxer New Member

Thanks for your reply

1. But If I go back with video signal pass through Denon, I could lose performance because the best way is to pass video signal directly to TV, right ?
    I don't want Denon to reduce quality of the video going through it. Is it not why there are two HDMI out ports on Zidoo ?
    Unfortunately this EDID setting I don't understand.

2. I mean, can I somehow adjust setting in any other way to minimaze this switching where I get NO signal from TV and of course not to lose performance playing video files ?
    Because when I hit play vide, NO signal appears for few seconds, and after stopping video again the same thing. Not sure I understand why is this happening in the first place.

3. No, not all content is HDR, there are some older only Full HD movies . This audio "hick up" where audio goes off, comes during video , not in the beginning, but it happens on every content I watched so far and only once during .

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

1. No not at all - as long as the Denon I/P Scaler is turned off. The second HDMI is really for music if you want to use it without a display.

2. Sounds like the TV is more sensitive than most to HDMI resyncs - I wouldn't expect a "no signal" message - most just go blank for a second or two or show a spinner.

HDMI resync will happen every time Resolution and/or HDR Mode and/or frame rate changes - some displays deal with it well, some not so much.

3. When does it happen exactly?

dxer likes this.
  5. dxer

dxer New Member

2. This is it actually , just this LG TV showing No signal during this process. Ok so this is normal

3. This audio "hickup" is not happening exactly in specific time, just random only once during movie or episode. I just tried to go back to the place where this happend on one movie and nothing.
    This is mistery but it is happening on every content just once .

4. Ok, for the movies I get it, but where and hot name soundtrack for the series ?
    And where to find main tune 8sample would be fine) for the movies or series ?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023