Need Assistance Before Getting a z10 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by hetz15, Oct 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. hetz15

hetz15 New Member

Hi, I just found out about zidoo last night and I'm really interested in getting one today to upgrade my setup. I'm just confused with how this will affect my current setup. So I have a Samsung q950 soundbar and an OLED LG with earc supported. I'm confused on where should I plug the Z10pro. The seller told me to connect the z10 picture with HDMI to the tv directly, and the z10 sound with optical to the soundbar. and then soundbar to the TV via earc input. Can't I just connect the Z10 directly to the soundbar via HDMI, and then via earc from soundbar to TV? I want to do a playback with TrueHD sound, and I've read that TrueHD isn't compatible with optical cable. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks a lot.

2. muha

muha Active Member

Plug Z10Pro into soundbar. Connect tv over hdmi to the port with hdmi (arc).

3. hetz15

hetz15 New Member

So plug the z10pro into soundbar by using HDMI right? And then earc from soundbar to tv?

4. muha

muha Active Member

Exactly

5. hetz15

hetz15 New Member

thanks for the feedback man!

6. muha

muha Active Member

No problem, Z10Pro with hdmi will give you the most of possibilities with the sound, and TV arc hdmi will send sound from TV when you are using tv reciever or apps on tv.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

SPDIF is the audio technology of the previous century. :D
    You may need a HDMI-CEC blocker for your Zidoo to get eARC working?

8. muha

muha Active Member

I could argue about that, especially in TV case, toslink is always good if you want to save HDMI port for something else.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

For Theatre use, HDMI and for Audio, USB - my tuppence worth - I agree with @Nice Monkey