NAS setup help...!

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by mediafan, Jan 17, 2018.

1. mediafan

mediafan New Member

Hello all,
    I just received the X10 and I'm really happy with the media player compartment.
    I see in the posts you're all very experienced. Unfortunately I am not to that extent and I need some help please!

I have a 1tb disk connected to the USB 3.0 port. Is it possible to share it over the wifi? Or I can share just the internal one eventually? I went into the Openwrt settings: NAS Services/DLNA/ enabled etc
    Media directories: /mnt

Can't see anything on the computers connected to the network. Am I missing something?

Other question: How can I download the torrents etc? Is there a guide or something?

Thanks in advantage!
    N

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

3. mediafan

mediafan New Member

Super thanks! I followed the guide quite successfully. Only thing when I access via ftp the root@xx.xx.xx.xx I am missing most of the folders that are present in the video...what can it be? I am trying to access the torrents downloaded via transmission but I can't find the folders. I have just android folder and external devices.

...and why for example I can't see my windows shared media libraries that I see on other devices like my tv? Is it normal?

Thanks you are very kind.
    n

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

5. mediafan

mediafan New Member

Thanks I managed to do everything with the useful guides..!

6. mediafan

mediafan New Member

Hello I still have this issue. From the very first moment I never had the Home Theater app. How could that be?
    Not in the app list. How can I get it?
    I have just the media center/explorer app. What is wrong?
    I upgraded to firmware 1.5.0 and still nothing changed. Videos play fine btw.
    Thanks!

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

update to 2.0.x , theres new home theater 2.0

8. mediafan

mediafan New Member

...I was worried that it has still too many bugs and it breaks open wrt related stuff etc.
    I'll do it straight away. Thanks!

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

ther's nothing changed in openwrt.

10. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. this is a question for Microsoft really. I dont use win 10 to share ( my x10 does the sharing ) so i can't help you from personal opinion

12. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

Via Sarco: A separate user account has to be set in windows with password for (what seems to be) a one time log on in Zidoo, this worked for me.