NAS service

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by francishe, Sep 30, 2016.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah. openwrt is separated. has its own root user.

2. francishe

francishe Member

Thanks. Your recommended winscp works. The old resolv.conf was deleted, the new one added and .conf directory moved to a nas shared HDD. But unluckily transmission still refuses to work. The peer port is closed though forwarded in router. So where to go next?

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

we are testing the latest firmware. should hit the forum soon, it has fix for transmission in it. i'm at work so i can't test right now.

4. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

it means, that you havent added "nameserver Your_DNS_IP" to resolv.conf, or the file attributes are not properly set. Also, make a plain text file, not a directory, add the nameserver to it, set the properties, and thats all.

5. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

"and .conf directory moved to a nas shared HDD" means that the bittorrent config should point to some nas location and not the resolv.conf should be moved....

6. francishe

francishe Member

Despite of the peer port being still closed, I uploaded a torrent for a desperate try and it works now. Thanks you all. Then expecting 1.2.4 release to see if they patch other bugs.

7. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

good work... ;)

8. Techead

Techead Member

Hey all,

I ran into a few samba server issues.

1. if your path is longer then the default path when the devices reboots it goes back to the default path.
    Saved path - /mnt/sda3/Movies
    after reboot pasth - /mnt/sda3

2.samba does not broadcast the Netbios Name. To navigate to the share folder you have to use the IP address.

if these fixes can come down in the OpenWrt update that would be awesome!!!

Thanks

9. francishe

francishe Member

Thanking you all for joining this discussion. The expected 1.2.4 release came last evening and was updated. BT downloading works now but still some little problems there.
    1. I added torrent files last evening for a try and found it worked well. This morning I rebooted and found all files were gone giving a blank downloading list;
    2. The peer listening port still shows closed even though downloading progresses.

10. francishe

francishe Member

No, I did not move resolv.conf, still in /etc. I just reset the transmission config directory from /tmp to my attached HDD. This directory contains settings of transmission.

11. francishe

francishe Member

@HaoSs. You said it would come soon, then it came. Now transmission works well up to a downloading speed of 7MB though still with some little problems reporeted above. Thank you

12. francishe

francishe Member

Does 1.2..4.release provide any solution to aria2? You said there should be a update soon.

13. francishe

francishe Member

Sorry. I am not quite expert to OpenWRT. But I saw quite a few threads of how to install aria2 in OpenWRT, which they use to diy routers.

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

as far as i can tell. no, i did not try to download the package manually and install it. but the opkg comand still won't work.

15. francishe

francishe Member

Ok. Then how about torrent file and information loss after reboot?

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Just move the transmission settings from temp to hdd. its working for me

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  17. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

1> It means that you didnt move the things out from tmp... at my site transmission is working fine, the maximum download speed seen until now was around 8,5 MB/sec...

18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

On cable? what internet speed do you have?

19. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

yes, on cable, i have 120 Mbit/sec uplink

20. spring

spring Guest

hi
    change the path, and it can save config.
    upload_2016-10-12_20-50-35.png