NAS Mapping - NFS or SMB - Any tutorial/guide?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by JakeA, Apr 18, 2021.

1. JakeA

JakeA New Member

Folks,

All my ripped movies reside on my Synology NAS as well as a Western Digital MyCloud device. So far using the Nvidia shield Pro, I have used SMB successfully to map the NAS drives and it has been fairly straightforward to map these in Kodi.

What is recommended for Zidoo Z9X. Should I be using SMB or NFS?

Is there a good tutorial/guide showing how to map the NAS drives using either SMB or NFS with the Zidoo devices?

Thanks!

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, I personally prefer to use SMB on Zidoo, if you are using ZDMC it should be the same as mapping in Kodi.

JakeA likes this.
  3. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

For the Zidoo's native interface, "mapping" for both SMB and NFS shares is so easy, I'd say the phrase is too much actually.
    Not using Kodi myself, from the home screen, just start Media Center, which acts a as a browser. The left column (Device list) includes SMB and NFS which Zidoo will auto-scan and you can further explore.
    Should you want to add a share to your Favorites, just put the cursor on it and go "Menu --> Favorite".

Which protocol is best, I find hard to say. People experience(d) several issues with both. For example, my Z9X sometimes neeeds a reboot to be able to display all NFS-shared files & subfolders. Also adding shares to the Zidoo's libraries can yield some trouble.
    I think it's a good idea to try both and see which way works best in your home network.

JakeA likes this.