My Z9S is not scraping my video library

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by chiquito3, Nov 17, 2020.

1. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

My Zidoo Z9S is no longer scrapping new videos or music I add to the NAS. Sometimes it recognizes there are new files but then it forgets them. I'm desperate here trying to fix it. I did a factory restore but no luck. I don't know what else to do. I want to flash the original firmware but can't find it. Is there a limit to the number of files in a folder? My video folder has 2456 video files. I've asked for help in other threads but no one answers. Please help.

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Did you check if eg https://www.themoviedb.org/ is accessable from chrome on your Z9S. Just to make sure your router or anything else is not blocking your Z9S.
    Instruction how to flash Z9S can be found on my site https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-recovery-images/#z9s and also the firmware are available for download
    https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-model-overview/zidoo-z9s-firmware-download/
    To check if your problem is related to the number of videos you could create a subfolder and move a bunch of them into it and use folder filtering to exclude them from scraping
    [​IMG]

3. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Thanks a lot for your response. The problem is that the scanning process starts but after a few seconds it goes back to the HT principal screen andcthe scanning supposedly stays ulin the background but it never ends and the new files are not added to the photo screen. If I go back to the sources page it says Wait Scan but nothing happens.

4. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

The scanning process always get interrupted like if there is something that makes it stop as many times as I start the process. Always stops at 249/2461 and stays there.

Attached Files:

5. McBluna

Might be caused by a corrupt file. Try the approach to exclude your latest additions from scraping until it works again.

6. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

This problem is happening to me and a couple of others with the Z10, seems like Zidoo have made some changes somewhere that have caused this problem, hopefully they will sort it soon, also when you delete a TV episode after watching it via the Media Center, and then rescan, the poster info stays in HT because the scan is not working.

chiquito3 likes this.
  7. McBluna

@maggiesfan What FW/HT version do you use? Since when do you've this problem?

Z10 doesn't have a special HT version. For all Android 6/7 players HT is exchangeable. You could update to 4.0.25 -> https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo/zidoo-home-theater-v4-0-25/

Here are the HT versions for the Zidoo players. -> https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-apk-version-overview/
    Android 6
    X8 4.0.25
    X9S 4.0.17
    X10 4.0.25

Android 7.1.1
    Z9S 4.0.11
    Z10 4.0.11
    X20 4.0.12
    X20 Pro 4.0.12
    Z1000 4.0.12
    UHD2000 4.0.12

Android 9
    Z9X 4.0.32
    Z10 Pro 4.0.32
    Z1000 Pro 4.0.32

None of these versions have a generall problem with scraping. In this case every Zidoo owner would be affected.

What I'd try:

Make a backup of your library and store it outside (HDD, NAS, USB stick, ...) your player's internal storage.

check if problem is caused by library
    Clean the library and exclude folders from scraping. Start with only a folder and add more and more folders while rescraping

check if problem is caused by device
    make pictures of your quick settings
    flash revery image
    update to latest fw
    setup quick settings
    restore library
    do a rescan

JohnG and chiquito3 like this.
  8. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

I Have FW 2.3.35 and HT 4.0.11, this problem only started about 4 days ago, up until then everything was running fine.
    I will install HT 4.0.25 and see if that solves the problem, if not I will follow the rest of your advise.
    Thanks for taking the time to help.

JohnG likes this.
  9. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Guys, I managed to find what is causing the scanning process to hang. I have no idea why but the problem was caused by a docu-series that I downloaded recently. This is what I did:
    1) Since I have all my video files in one folder I divided them alphabetically into 2 different folders and then scanned them independently. Only one of the folders hanged during scanning.
    2) I took A through C starting files and scanned them in a separate folder. To my luck, the problem file was there.
    3) I then kept eliminating until I found the folder with the issue. It was a folder with 6 video files that were making the process hang. I have no idea why but since I let that series out of the scanning process it is working.
    If you guys have any suggestions as to why this is happening please make your suggestions.
    BTW the video files of the series are fine. They are 4K.

JohnG likes this.
  10. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

I also have found the problem, for me it was a TV series with 6 episodes, which happened to be the last series I added so I didn't have to search too far, to make sure I added 6 episodes of a different TV show and they scanned no problem.
    so for now I will just play those 6 episodes from Media Center instead of finding a new source for the episodes and scraping
    again because if it's anything to go by from previous attempts deleting files, something always does not get fully deleted from the databases and it picks up the same corrupt file and the and so the process begins again, it's usually when you rescan a show because HT as scraped the wrong information.

JohnG and chiquito3 like this.
  11. McBluna

Glad your problem has been solved :)

12. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

Thanks for all your help with this, I really appreciate it.

13. Horváth Ákos

Horváth Ákos New Member

Hi,

My problem is same, but not only one TV series (Our wolrd) the problem, all of my series is not work. When it started to scanning, restarted the app. I tried to factory reset, install ver. 4.0.25, but I cannot solve this issue. I wrote for support, but I don't get answer yet.

14. McBluna

What exactly is your problem? Is the scrap process hanging or does the scraper don't recognize your tv shows correctly?

15. Horváth Ákos

Horváth Ákos New Member

When it started to scan my NAS folders, the HT is restart. I tried to add video file directly, but I get an error message: "Data acquisition failed, please rescan related videos"

With some movies work, but all of series is not.

16. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

My problem was with a 6 episodes series too. It was the AppleTV+ DocuSeries "Becoming You". If I recall well I saw that it got the correct info of the show but then it just but it suddenly jumped back and the info from the show disappeared.
    BTW I think this is what happens with the Music App scrapping process too. I just have not been able to find the file that causes it.

17. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

I said I had solved the problem, but that is not strictly true, I deleted Season 2 (6 episodes) of Finding Joy and the scan completed correctly, soon as I added them back in the problem arose again, my guess is that their is a bug in the HT database that does not completely delete all reference to a particular episode, so the problem never goes away.
    At one stage I downloaded the HT database and took a look at some of the files, I couldn’t believe how many file, posters etc were still showing when I add deleted them months ago, I also found files and posters of shows that had been incorrectly matched by HT which I had rematched, the whole scrapping for TV shows needs a complete rewrite in my opinion, but I know that is never going to happen, Zidoo tech support has moved on to the new boxes and so have the so called experts on this forum, only McBluna seems to help with problems on older boxes and for that I thank him.

chiquito3 likes this.
  18. venci

venci New Member

Something similar happened to me very soon. In the end, it turned out to be a comma in the title (,). In my case: Nu, Pogodi! - problem like yours, after Nu Pogodi! - no problem. One comma and so many whites.

19. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

I’m surprised that HT would kick it out because of that, I would have thought it would have moved it to the unmatched widget,
    It gets stranger and stranger doesn’t it.?

20. Horváth Ákos

Horváth Ákos New Member

I was surprised last night but the problem was solved automatically. I tried to scan again, and it's worked.