My new zidoo X6 pro won't start

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Lalanne, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

Hello There,

I'm writing from France. I've just received my new Zidoo x6 pro and tried to start it but I could play it only once- just a couple of minutes to browse it - and it suddenly turned off and retarted right away but the animation logo keeps running in a loop and there's nothing I can do to get it started, even using the remote control doesn't make any change. I'm very disappointed and quite unable to sort it out on my own.

Could anyone shed lights on that tricky issue?

Thanks a lot.

2. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

i had this on one of my additional devices as well - two times
    the only solution was to flash the firmware new
    then it runs okai again

Anton Bernd likes this.
  3. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

To follow up on what I've just posted, I must add that I've tried the reset button which enabled me to access different options - reboot, reset factory but it just brought no change, still the animation logo running constantly in a loop and the remote control seems totally ineffective.

Any ideas? I'm completely lost and extremely disappointed. :(

4. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

Thanks grummel2005 for the advice, I'll have a crack at it and let you know if it worked.

5. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

Incidentally, is it possible to flash the firmware new with a Zidoo x6 whose desktop and settings are not accessible since the device keeps rebooting in a loop? How can I do that? Thanks a lot for your help!

6. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

7. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

Thanks grummel2005 again, I'll have to buy a double port USB cable to start with and then I'll take the plunge.

8. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

Hello again! So, I've bought the cable and followed the instructions on ''how to flash Zidoo x6 pro box'' and it worked perfectly well after loading the drivers. The installation is complete so now I've plugged the box back to my tv, the same thing happened, i.e it got stuck in a reboot loop, so I accessed the user Debug but I'm stuck, what should I do now?

The menu I have on the debug is this:

- Reboot system now
    - Apply update from ADB
    - Wipe data / Factory Reset
    - Wipe cache partition
    - Reboot to bootloader
    - power down
    - view recovery logs

Thanks again!

9. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

Is there really anyone to give me another helping hand??? I just wish I could sort it out without being compelled to return the box for an exchange !

10. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

@freeroc
    @mirror

Hello again,

I'm desperately trying to get an answer from someone here to help me with my problem.I've flashed the firmware new and need to know what to do next. As my box keeps being stuck in a loop, do I have to do something special in the Debug menu (now that the firmware has successfully been flashed new) or, in light of what is still happening, should a replacement be made? Just bother to take one or two minutes to answer, it's not that much to ask, I can't believe I'm left in the dark with my box and no one to help me out, this is a community support forum, isn't it?

Thanks, and sorry for ranting about.....

11. nice159

nice159 Active Member

12. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

13. nice159

nice159 Active Member

14. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

I'm downloading it right now.

Thank you very much nice159 for your help, I apprreciate quite a lot.

15. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

Well, I've successfully completed the flashing of the firmware and connected the box back to the tv, reset factory + wipe cache and it keeps running in a loop, with every 15 seconds a screen reading Android is starting ...... Optimizing 1 app of 62, and then the animation logo runs again, the the screen reading "Android is starting ......Optimizing 1 app of 62". Looks like it tries to operate but the reboot loop prevents the box from loading the firmware.

So, a slight improvement but it still doesn't work.

What can I try next?

16. Lalanne

Lalanne New Member

Ok, Let's call it a day, I'm returning the box and be paid back and buy another box but not a Zidoo, that's for sure. Thanks for those who tried to help.

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

seems you just had a bad box. thats definetly not normal operation.
    Also side note. you usualy do full wipe, then flash something. Not the other way around. Still don't think this made any difference for your problem.

18. Goujam

Goujam Member

Reading this I can't believe no one from zidoo helped. Thought zidoo was about regular updates and service. Reinforced my decision not to buy zidoo as my next box

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

most of zidoo team does not even speak english :p so yah.

20. Goujam

Goujam Member

But we know certain members do speak English and very well too so no excuses. Infact since the new zidoo boxes appeared not much attention has been paid to the x6 on the forum from zidoo staff.