My movies can't be scraped

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Deckard, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Deckard

Deckard New Member

Hi all.
    I don't know what I am doing wrong but I can not scrape any movie.
    My movies are on a QNAP NAS. Folders are accessable and I can play the movies from the Z9X Pro.
    I created a test folder on the nas with some movies. Two movies have a nfo file (made by tinymediamanager) and HT finds the info and shows it.
    But it doesn't scrape the movie info from folders that don't have a nfo file in it.
    When I add a source, it starts scanning but for each movie it says: "Start matching" and then "Match failed".
    It seems there is no connection to TMDB.
    When HT shows me the unmatched movies and I click on "re-match" I can search for a title e.g. "Alien" but nothing shows up. Usually there should be a list of movies that somehow match the title "Alien", right? But there are no results at all.
    What am I doing wrong?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

From what you say it seems the box is either unable to connect to the Internet or it's unable to resolve IP addresses via DNS.

3. Deckard

Deckard New Member

If I go to settings it says "connected" (LAN).
    What can I do to check if that is correct?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Open the web browser and see if it'll open say Google.com or themoviedb.org

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Btw Alien is called Alien (1979) as there are 4 movies of the same name listed in TMDB