Music app bug - lyrics show apostrophes as "'"

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by boolian, Apr 3, 2022.

1. boolian

boolian Member

Should be easy to fix. It's showing the HTML code for apostrophe instead of an actual apostrophe.

Also:

"List Cycle" should be "Repeat All"
    "Single Cycle" should be "Repeat Once"
    It's showing question marks as upside-down question marks in some track names.
    “Musics” should be “Tracks”
    “Songlist” should be “Playlist”

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes and "Singer" should be "Artist" etc. Reported numerous times as it looks so childish. We need to stick with Chinglish it seems.

3. boolian

boolian Member

Update:

In the latest beta firmware they've updated Musics to Tracks and Singers to Artists. And they changed Songlist to Playlist, but in the sidebar at least it should be Playlists not Playlist.

They still need to change List Cycle to Repeat All and Single Cycle to Repeat Once. Shuffle Play could be shortened to Shuffle. And I guess leave List Play the same

Apostrophes in the lyrics are still messed up.

4. Nice Monkey

Was a real last minute FW 6.4.05 change made on my request to get at least the most disturbing translations corrected. To my very much surprise it was honored within 24H and implemented for all models next day.
    "Single Cycle" in fact translates to "Repeat One" or "Repeat Track" and not Repeat Once. :rolleyes:

I got the illusion Apostrophes in the lyrics was solved. Seen multiple working correctly with FW 6.4.06 but maybe you need to reset the database for that as these are cached? Also handling Western Europe characters like é á ê ñ etc in filenames seems to work correctly now.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  5. boolian

boolian Member

The lyrics for every song are cached? I have 10,000+ tracks in my library. I thought it loaded the lyrics on demand. Do you know the source it loads the lyrics from?

6. Nice Monkey

I am not very sure but it caches I think the default/set lyrics choice. No idea where it gets them from.

To verify: Just create a new directory without scanning it and put an album of choice in it and play it via Media Center.

7. Nice Monkey

No; problem not solved with some it works with other it doesn't even the lyrics for exactly the same song. No idea how this works?

Last edited: May 29, 2022